• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,754 posts in this topic

On 6/26/2024 at 9:48 AM, The Man Without Beer said:

I can finally jump in for something here:

IMG_20230112_150457_438.thumb.jpg.e4f1774767ba5c70ddcc5b7c83cb2418.jpg

I'm glad your DD #1 got you in the mix with what is definitely an early Spider-Man cover. That's a beautiful book and I love the Stan Lee signature...nice marker color and placement. 

On 6/26/2024 at 9:01 AM, Lee Enterprises said:

It's great to see more people participating on this thread...Spider-Man deserves it. It's been a real joy to revisit all these great covers and discuss our favorite web head. We started at AF #15 on page 725 of the thread if anyone wants to savor all that's been shared and catch up. We're currently posting images of ASM issues in order along with ASM annuals and early Spider-Man crossover covers. I thought this format would give everyone more opportunities to jump in by including annuals and the famous crossovers like Daredevil #1 (which I believe fits in right around ASM #12), TTA #57, ASM Annual #1 and Avengers #11, which are coming up soon. We might need @KirbyJack to provide another chronology to give us some technical direction since we're now past ASM #7 and Strange Tales #115 and entering the murky waters of more arrival date details. 

I don't currently have a Daredevil #1 so if someone can post their copy we'll work out the chronology between ASM #12 and DD #1. 

On 6/26/2024 at 9:13 AM, pmpknface said:

OK!  

As far as chronology, there's always this:  https://www.chronologyproject.com/spidey.php

But publication order is what I believe we're after.  Now... where the heck is my TTA #57...

For chronology, I use Mike's Amazing World for cover dates vs. release dates:

http://www.mikesamazingworld.com/main/index.php

ASM11 and DD1 both have cover dates of 4/1964.  Per this site, ASM11 was released on 1/10/1964 and DD1 was released on 2/4/1964.  ASM12 has a cover date of 5/1964 and per this site was released on 2/11/1964.  TTA57 would tie ASM14 with a cover date of 7/1964.  Per this site, TT57 was released on 4/2/1964 while ASM14 was released a week later on 4/9/1964.

On 6/26/2024 at 10:51 AM, DST said:

For chronology, I use Mike's Amazing World for cover dates vs. release dates:

http://www.mikesamazingworld.com/main/index.php

ASM11 and DD1 both have cover dates of 4/1964.  Per this site, ASM11 was released on 1/10/1964 and DD1 was released on 2/4/1964.  ASM12 has a cover date of 5/1964 and per this site was released on 2/11/1964.  TTA57 would tie ASM14 with a cover date of 7/1964.  Per this site, TT57 was released on 4/2/1964 while ASM14 was released a week later on 4/9/1964.

Excellent information. That's very helpful. Thanks!

I also want to mention that I enjoy seeing all your white pages copies. I'm amazed by how bright the white areas of the covers are on many of your books...very cool (and uniform) collection. 

On 6/26/2024 at 11:11 AM, Lee Enterprises said:

Excellent information. That's very helpful. Thanks!

I also want to mention that I enjoy seeing all your white pages copies. I'm amazed by how bright the white areas of the covers are on many of your books...very cool (and uniform) collection. 

Thanks so much!  Even though I've kept them all uniform in grade 5.0 with WPs for the Ditko run, I've "upgraded" the eye appeal on many copies by replacing them over time with copies I've found with better wraps and colors that still meet the linear 5.0 WP criteria I've set for the run.

On 6/26/2024 at 11:51 AM, DST said:

Thanks so much!  Even though I've kept them all uniform in grade 5.0 with WPs for the Ditko run, I've "upgraded" the eye appeal on many copies by replacing them over time with copies I've found with better wraps and colors that still meet the linear 5.0 WP criteria I've set for the run.

Your collection is the envy of all who oCd it. 
Seriously, the patience and discipline on display is impressive!