• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
38 38

15,898 posts in this topic

On 7/13/2024 at 4:03 PM, MattTheDuck said:

A nice book courtesy of my friend @jimjum12

ASM - 29.jpg

I'm just talking pure fanboy here, but I always loved this issue. The soap opera was firing on all 8, and it was fun to be along for the ride. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 7/13/2024 at 10:02 PM, pmpknface said:

Well, it's time for #30  I know we had some complaints about #10 and #25, but at least they had BIG Spidey images if no background.  This one's all background and no Spidey - or baddie (pretty much).  :(  Likely my least favorite off Ditko's ASM's.  Thoughts?  

ASM_30a.jpg

Yeah, don't have it don't want it. Cover's boring. Reminds me of Gwen's 1st cover appearance. All background and a mini hero/damsel.  Gives me Ant-Man TTA vibes. 2c

On 7/14/2024 at 9:45 AM, MattTheDuck said:

After almost 30 years away from the hobby, I blundered back in with the purchase of this slab in May 2021 from ComicLink.  It was, if you can imagine, the most money I'd ever paid for a comic book, 4x what I paid for my ASM #19 in 1991 or 1992.  It's also my first slab.  It was also at the time the 2nd "oldest" ASM I owned.  Many firsts for a non-descript book - given what's going to happen in this title in the next year, it's almost like a pause to catch your breath.  About six months later, I picked up the raw copy from @grebal - it bugs me when I have a book I haven't read and can't read so a mid-grade reader serves me just fine.  The thing I do like about this cover is that it depicts a scene that actually takes place in the story.

ASM - 30 - 1.JPG

ASM - 30 - 2.jpg

Thanks for the nod - I was able to sell you this dupe (what fancy highbrow call "undercopy") thanks to Stu

@nochips who sold me a nicer one.  Found a different solution to the Slab Problem (other than cracking), I cheated and have most of this silver in *cbr format; it's amazingly cool to be able to just read on my PC seventy issues of Tomb of Dracula.