• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
38 38

16,015 posts in this topic

On 7/24/2024 at 1:54 PM, dick pontoon said:

I'm behind again.

I have a big soft spot for the final Ditko issues, so I had to pick up these Fred Hembeck sketch cards when he was in town in 2016.

ASM35.jpg

ASM36.jpg

ASM37.jpg

Hembeck Sketch Cards 3.jpg

Next time you're late I expect a note from a parent or legal guardian.  :p 

COOL CARDS!  

On 7/24/2024 at 9:28 AM, mosconi said:

Original old label goodness is always fun to look at (thumbsu

ZSpidey #40362.jpg

ZSpidey fc #40363.jpg

I had a spreadsheet of every transaction/comic sale I ever had since I got back into the collecting/buying/selling in 2001.  Then my external hard-drive took a on me and I figured I had it somewhere else but not to be found... :cry: (I know of a place or two that can possibly retrieve all the data but they charge like a grand or two with no guarantees...most all of my writing/poetry/prose as well lost...gonna try it but haven't got around to it.) I know you bought at least a few from me Andrew...I believe the 41 9.0 if I'm not mistaken...you'll have to post it next book...LOL.  Good to hear from you and hope all is well in comicdom and life in general... :headbang:

Edited by trmoore54

On 7/24/2024 at 1:41 PM, trmoore54 said:

Love the old labels and agree...they are both highly likely to be in their original stored condition and in some regard, may represent a tighter/more accurate grading regimen and era (Borock etc) as there were far less books moving through the system...plus the labels are already more historical.  Still have 9 and 10 in old labels from my pared down ASM 1-20 set and not planning on re-holdering them...in spite of what some say (they are maintained in a nice climate-controlled condition).  Got my 9 from Andre Zilli hand-delivered all the way from Toronto...

ASM9.jpg

ASM10.jpg

Awesome that you've kept them in their old labels, they're a rarity nowadays!! :applause: