• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
38 38

15,997 posts in this topic

On 8/31/2024 at 7:25 AM, Lee Enterprises said:

image.png.2ef933571c7cf30e78aef40cb2605ed7.png

Man. That's sweet. I'm just not a fan of back cover white showing.

(worship)

On 8/31/2024 at 10:00 AM, sledgehammer said:

Man. That's sweet. I'm just not a fan of back cover white showing.

(worship)

Thanks. It took me a while to find this #78. This daily posting of all these books definitely makes you realize that the comic book printing and assembly process was not a precise one for MANY years. It's even more apparent when you start looking at Golden Age books, but there are loads of examples of miswrapped books into the 80s and 90s. I'm ok with back cover white showing, but would prefer a book to look like this #78. When white is showing I try to go with books that have an even white line on the spine (although I have several wildly miswrapped books lol). It's tough to find a lot of 60s and 70s books with no back cover white showing. Then, as we all know, you sometimes have the opposite effect where a strip of the front cover art is rolled over to the back cover.