• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
38 38

16,040 posts in this topic

On 9/2/2024 at 10:52 AM, pmpknface said:

All good stuff.  Generally, I agree with it - especially if you are trying to paint broad strokes over the entire publishing world.  However I believe that specific titles have their own transition period.  For example, the silver age Flash may work for that character or even DC, but has no bearing on what Atlas / Marvel was doing.  

I've weighed in on this earlier, so this will be it.  Ok, here's the speech...

When it comes down to titles and nailing down a specific issue from one age to the next it almost always gets really difficult.  What I believe is that instead of specific issues it's more like this:

image.png.2bdf53211cfaa606f9a57d6fe40f6351.png

It starts out in one era, and slowly moves to the next.  Before you know it, you've moved over into the next "age" of comics.  So with ASM maybe it started out with the death of Cap. Stacey, then the drug issues, price changes happen, the books get narrower, creative teams change, and all of a sudden Gwen dies and there we are!  This is what I think makes decisions like this so hard.  We all have our own interpretation of which of the changes designate a cross-over into a new era.  

Keeping this to just ASM, though..  I recall hearing a long time ago about the death of Gwen being a turning point too.  It was a sort of an "end to an innocence" age with a main reoccurring character being killed.  However looking at things now I believe that to be a bit too late and likely (if using the chart above) firmly in the solid dark area, beginning that "color" for the next decade or so.  

With all of that said, and us having to take 1 issue to flip over to the Bronze ASM thread I'm sticking with #100.  Heck, I'd even make it a last post here and a first post there!  :D 

In any case, that's my $.02 but I'll go along with the group.  Thanks for listening!  :foryou:

We should go to 102 just so we can discuss the colossal goof of misspelling Morbius as Moribus on the cover... (: lol

moribus102.png

On 9/4/2024 at 1:43 PM, Webhead2018 said:

You know I am surprised kangaroo didn't have a more kangaroo theme outfit. Compared to kraven, lizard, scorpion, vulture did.

He only wore that one on the weekend.

On 9/4/2024 at 4:38 PM, MattTheDuck said:
On 9/4/2024 at 4:35 PM, sledgehammer said:

He only wore that one on the weekend.

Ask around in your town.  You can find a club.

groovy baby.jpg