• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Name That Page (Modern)

18 posts in this topic

I don't think it's Campbell.

While the nurse's face looks like Campbell -- and this is distracting because her face is the focus of the page -- nothing else is nearly as good as Campbell would draw it. To me, a dead giveaway is the really poorly drawn machinery in the background. If you check out any of the Gen 13 books, even when he started out Campbell's machinery was so much better. Certainly none of the background male figures do not look as if they were drawn by Campbell.

Also, the layout and perspective are far too bland to be Campbell. Campbell's work seems to have an energy even when the figures are sitting on the couch because he plays around with exaggerated perspectives and he adds sharp edges to otherwise round features that make them more kinetic looking (I really don't know how else to explain it). I would think that if he drew this page, it would be certainly at some kind of an angle, we might have a down shot of the women on the slabs with somewhat smaller straps so that we could get a better straight on shot of their figures, etc. In my estimation, Campbell would approach this page somewhat differently.

Is this even from anything close to a mainstream comic? Are there any markings on the board? If I had to guess, I would say its from a Campbell/Al Rio imitator who is doing some kind of S&M underground stuff.

However, none of this takes away from the fact that this nice page fits in rather well with your bondage themed collection.

looks like campbell but no idea from what.

At the risk of Sounding Foolish I agree with anthony. The second I was it I thought Campbell. The eyes is what make me think campbell.

I don't think it looks a thing like Campbell art.

But I have no other suggestions either. :P