• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
33 33

14,074 posts in this topic

On 7/26/2021 at 10:23 AM, Frederic9494 said:

Anybody saw the CRAZY price on the Fantastic Four 50 CGC 8.5 on Heritage? Must be a happy seller...

1749192942_ScreenShot2021-07-26at11_21_18AM.thumb.png.743c25d81318637641dfe19e26ba1fb2.png

Yes, but I actually thought is sale was a little strange. Granted I hope the sales go up (I own a 9.0) and this sale was real, only explanation I have for this sale is a celebrity who wants to be anonymous.  I'm cautious of market manipulation as well.  There is a same grade and PQ on ebay for $7,500 (thought that was a little high) and a 9.0 (granted o/w) for $6k.  The heritage sale plus tax is about $8k as mentioned.  It just doesn't make sense unless they didn't see ebay (would seem strange) or didn't like that copy.  I will feel better if the upcoming c link 8.5 WP goes for about same price or higher.  Have just seen too many weird sales, FF48 9.2 ping pong a little but x-men 129 9.8 all over the place and GSX1 nuts.

On 7/30/2021 at 4:36 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

In my book, this is the greatest run in comic book history. Stan may have been a bit premature in his claims, but it really was The Greatest Comic Magazine In The World

This is true.  I came to Marvel comics via Spider-man, like most kids, but soon became fascinated by the FF.   Great big space and science fiction operatic concepts being constantly introduced month after month.  The personal stories never felt as real or compelling as they did in Spider-man or in frankly most of the other titles, but the big ideas few fast and furious.