• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
33 33

13,965 posts in this topic

On 3/2/2022 at 10:04 AM, KirbyJack said:

As for direct evidence of Kirby intentionally witholding new ideas, just look to the comics! I love them dearly, but it's a series of already existing villains and androids from 68 on. That Kirby was able to choose to do this offers evidence that he was the primary writer. Occasionally Stan would say "let's bring back Dr. Doom", and we got a rehash of "The Prisoner" in FFs 84-87. The Skrull story in 90-93 was inspired by Star Trek. The Surfer/Galactus story in 74-77 was ordered to promote Stan's solo Surfer book. It is also kind of a mess if you read it closely. For more on that, I refer you to the Kirby Museum article "A Failure to Communicate".

A Failure To Communicate – Part One | The Kirby Effect (kirbymuseum.org)

It's all fascinating! Thanks! How about Kirby really flipping out after FF 67 when he wanted to steer Him into being more a villain type then having Stan veto that. Notice a lag time between appearances between FF67 and the casket in Thor.

I really need to target a 46 before they decide to introduce BB into the MCU. I still need a 54 too.

On 3/14/2022 at 12:22 PM, WernerVonDoom said:

Well, here's my 1-100:

9.8 = 1

9.6 = 13

9.4 = 66

9.2 = 4

7.5 to 9.0 = 12

Missing = 4

very impressive.  i've never done that survey of mine.   other than darn well knowing how many under 9._ i have.

Edited by Straw-Man