• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,700 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, an99 said:

So I have question for all you FF buffs.

I was at a small comic show over the weekend and there was a lot of buzz and talk about FF #1 and a number of FF books in general.  Although a key book, most people don't talk too much about FF #1.  So my question is ... What happened to cause such a stir  and demand for FF#1?  One dealer at the show had a 3.0 for $6000 Canadian and said that the demand for this book is only going to go up.

Thanks.

Probably due to the fact that marvel but most importantly kevin feige has his hands on it finally, so Everything about the FF, dr doom, the negative zone, annhiilus, the silver surfer, the kree, galactus, skrulls, warlock, black panther, puppet master, the mad thinker, namor, the watcher, the inhumans etc etc etc can play out how we've seen in jack and stans run. But most importantly the Fantastic Four have the chance to now truly be something special in the wider public's eye by having a good movie and making the characters relevant and loved instead of a laughing stock from the 20th century fox movies.

The fact that their popularity will most likely 100% soar within the next 3/4 years and that they are essentially Disney IP now is driving interest in the actual comic book, it's long been ignored and still is not cheap to collect, its finally catching up to being perceived as truly A list marvel material and really the comic that started it MARVEL itself.  If Feige can turn a talking tree and racoon into charcters loved by the world you can bet whats going to happen to Ben grimm and company. 

FF is also unique in that jack and stan did a full 102 issue run doing probably their best work and probably the best of the silver age. So take all that knowledge and that soon the FF will be a household name and you have a recipe for a comic thats been underpriced (but still one of the most expensive) to go up even further.

On 1/2/2019 at 9:08 AM, billbrown7080 said:

I took these pictures a few days ago...

I've always felt FF #6 is an extremely underrated book...

when I first got into comics in 2006, I of course read and studied the Overstreet guide like the bible, and quickly learned all of The Key Issues and why they were Keys...but for whatever reason FF#6 just didnt stand out to me...

about 7 years later I got a new Overstreet guide for the first time in 3 years and was going back through and checking how much all the Key issues went up in Value and thats when I for the first time really noticed that FF #6 was a Major Key and had some incredible significance going for it...

I couldnt believe that I somehow Missed that its "The first Marvel Super- Villain Team Up"

and Then I was stunned that I completely missed it was the 2nd appearances of BOTH Sub-Mariner and Doctor Doom...

I dont know , maybe its just me, It may be because I overlooked the book for so long....But I feel FF 6 is a pretty underrated book, for me Its one of the most UNDERRATED Major Keys..

1546227591730-faa8915e-8dc1-4a34-acae-3f79f4b71326_.jpg

It's underrated and still not too expensive to pick up a lower grade copy.  Once the Marvel movies are out and a good version of DR doom exists and with possibly Namor being introduced soon after - forget about it. Remember these villains are now Disney IP, that means they arent going anywhere ever and you'll see DR doom at disneyland.  This is a great issue (and one of the few from this run i still need to pick up)

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 6:54 AM, namisgr said:
On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 11:25 AM, Straw-Man said:

lucky 13!  this is one i'm good not to upgrade, as the ped is worth the .5 [and more] to me.

ff13-1.jpg

The Pacific Coast FF run is terrific.  Here's the original listing of the oldest part of the run from the Pacific Comic Exchange website in May, 1999.  The grades are legit, and the prices will make a grown collector of today weep:

PCFFlist.JPG.0c493bc751417f8b5614ba154d1884e1.JPG

I stumbled on to this will going through my files.... this is what the book looked like when Mr. Parker received it..... all the Pacific Coasts were originally packaged like this I'm told. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

DBM5sGa.jpg