• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
33 33

14,342 posts in this topic

On 7/1/2024 at 6:43 PM, Straw-Man said:

my choice is dated 12/69.  i will listen to "on the spinners" in 12/69.   i can't get on board a certain artist's work on a certain title being determinative.   but it's all just fun to kick around.

To clarify, I only think Kirby on FF is definitive silver for Fantastic Four only.  I’m not saying nothin’ about nothin’ else. 

On 7/1/2024 at 4:43 PM, Straw-Man said:

my choice is dated 12/69.  i will listen to "on the spinners" in 12/69.   i can't get on board a certain artist's work on a certain title being determinative.   but it's all just fun to kick around.

Issue 93...I'm flexible...I'll go with that too depending on my mood or who I'm arguing with... (:

I'm also in the camp for FF Silver being 1-102 plus annuals 1-6, with the annual 7 published in 1969 but as an all reprint issue on the fence.

For Marvel in general, and for me, Conan #1 (October 1970 cover date but on the stands that summer) signals the change in type of content and a subtle shift in target audience that starts the Bronze Age.

Edited by namisgr

On 7/2/2024 at 5:44 AM, namisgr said:

I'm also in the camp for FF Silver being 1-102 plus annuals 1-6, with the annual 7 published in 1969 but as an all reprint issue on the fence.

For Marvel in general, and for me, Conan #1 (October 1970 cover date but on the stands that summer) signals the change in type of content and a subtle shift in target audience that starts the Bronze Age.

OK...if anyone posts a 103 here alert the mods! :sumo: lol