• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chuck talks Church with Vinnie

43 posts in this topic

I can't listen here at work, but I have always wondered: did Chuck get over on the seller or was he upfront about their value?

For what's it worth Chuck says he was upfront even bringing a PG with him.

I think that you have to take what Chuck says with a grain of salt.

For what's it worth Chuck says he was upfront even bringing a PG with him.

But he also admits being poor as dirt, so I find it amusing Mr No Money would say he stumbled in with a OSPG, ready to pay Guide percentages... apparently using only his good looks and charm. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Personally, I bet he brought the OS Guide because it was big and heavy enough so he could hit the family over the head with it, then abscond with the books.

"So you want 1/3 Guide, eh?" WHAM!!

Personally, I bet he brought OS Guide in because it was big and heavy enough so he could hit the family over the head with it, then abscond with the books.

"So you want 1/3 Guide, eh?" WHAM!!

Uh, the early Overstreets were only small pamphlets. So that joke has zero basis in fact. gossip.gif

chuck basically says in his tales from the database that he was broke but was able to pull off the deal. Make your own assumptions.

Uh, the early Overstreets were only small pamphlets. So that joke has zero basis in fact. gossip.gif

When Chuck found that collection, the OS's were pushing 500 pages, and in 1977, it was 530 pages.

You come on over and let me pound you in the head with a 500+ page tome, and I doubt you'll survive the experience.

My understanding was that Chuck bought a portion of the Collection. These would be the gems and runs that he could easily liquidate then he took that money and bought another portion. Seems like he got a loan for the rest. Apparently charm can do wonders.

When Chuck found that collection, the OS's were pushing 500 pages, and in 1977, it was 530 pages.

You come on over and let me pound you in the head with a 500+ page tome, and I doubt you'll survive the experience.

They were softcover and weighed a pound or two. yeahok.gif

Are you saying they were "way more" than that? Do I smell another bet in the offing? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You need to stop trolling tough guy. 27_laughing.gif

You stated erroneously that they were "small pamphlets" and I TOTALLY proved you wrong, and now you're angry.

Too bad, and do better research next time. makepoint.gif

They were softcover and weighed a pound or two. yeahok.gif

Are you saying they were "way more" than that? Do I smell another bet in the offing? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/OVERSTREET-COMIC-BOO...1QQcmdZViewItem

scroll down - hardly a pamplet.

You stated erroneously that they were "small pamphlets" and I TOTALLY proved you wrong, and now you're angry.

I simply stated that the early Overstreets were pamphlets. That is true. Do you even know what edition he supposedly took with him? I was think I read that it was an earlier one.

Why would you assume he took the most current one? insane.gif

Too bad, and do better research next time. makepoint.gif

Sorry, Joe. I forgot I was dealing with you (who turns everything into contest of wills). I was simply making an observation about the size of the early Overstreets. Personally, I don't like how large they've become.

Move along now. Nothing to see here.

Post your address I'll be there..