• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chuck talks Church with Vinnie

43 posts in this topic

blah,blah blah. so whats the address?

Uh oh, it looks like Shad is off his meds again, and now has a final wish to be buried in my back yard.

I would take you up on it, ya senile old coot, but we're selling the house and I don't need the new owners to be starting a garden. 893whatthe.gif

blah,blah blah. so whats the address?
I suppose if you were desperate you could persuade Nikos to tell you. confused-smiley-013.gif Thanks in part to a recent transaction between the two.

However your post could be misinterpreted as a semi-threat.... confused-smiley-013.gifgossip.gif

Unless you're wanting to compare Overstreet guides 27_laughing.gif in person.

However your post could be misinterpreted as a semi-threat.... confused-smiley-013.gifgossip.gif

Of course it could, and Shad is obviously trying for a board suspension. That's why I'm not playing his game, as I think he's trying for a 2-for-1. screwy.gif

Uh, the early Overstreets were only small pamphlets. So that joke has zero basis in fact. gossip.gif

When Chuck found that collection, the OS's were pushing 500 pages, and in 1977, it was 530 pages.

You come on over and let me pound you in the head with a 500+ page tome, and I doubt you'll survive the experience.

If JCs having a party,I figure we should all be invited. frustrated.gif

I never really got the animosity towards Chuck over how much he paid for the books. Has the Church family ever said they felt cheated?

Not everyone is always interested in getting the greatest value for what they have. Sometimes people just want to get rid of things.

Two examples- My mom sold my baseball card collection at a yard sale for a penny per card. Every now and then she teases me about the guy that spent an hour digging through the bin and picked out fourteen cards

I was talking to a book store owner about where she got a few golden age books on display and it turns out there was a farm auction in small town Iowa, and a farmer showed up with boxes full of similar books, was selling them for ten bucks per box, only moved one, and reportedly took the rest to the dump.

In both situations the sellers were made aware of what they had could be more valuable than what they were selling for, and for all I know, that farmer may have tossed a potential pedigree.

There's a lot of stuff to mock Chuck for, tooting his own horn, Mile High's grading, Oldguy's refund, and the list goes on.

But I've always thought the story of acquiring the Church collection was cool.

There's a lot of stuff to mock Chuck for, tooting his own horn, Mile High's grading, Oldguy's refund, and the list goes on.

But I've always thought the story of acquiring the Church collection was cool.

You're right, it is a cool story, and Chuck in essence is not a bad guy, HOWEVER he is incredibly up his own backside.

He fancies himself as The ragged trousered philanthropist meets Gordon Gecko, and his incessant email ramblings leave me cold personally.

The fact of the matter is ENVY. Everyone...Dealers & Collectors alike who love Comics wish it had happened to them...and because Chuck is a bit of a fruitloop it irritates most people....simple as. thumbsup2.gif

The fact of the matter is ENVY.

How many more times is this old straw man going to be dragged out? foreheadslap.gif

Here's my reason for disliking Chuck and his dealing with the Church family:

He fabricates, embellishes and outright lies, stating he tried to tell the family they were sitting on hundreds of thousands of dollars, portraying the Churches as a devil-family of racist comic-haters, all the while painting himself as some pot-smoking white knight, riding in and *saving* the comics from those freakish inbred satanists, who would surely burn them in some ritualistic sacrifice.

It's like some hemp-laded Grimm's Fairy Tale.

If Chuck just came out and told the actual story, warts and all, I'd have a lot more respect for him.

Here's my reason for disliking Chuck and his dealing with the Church family: I hate everyone and everything.

Finally, the truth comes out! That wasn't so hard, was it? 27_laughing.gif

If Chuck just came out and told the actual story, warts and all, I'd have a lot more respect for him.

No matter what Chuck ever said, truth or not, you would accuse him of lying.

Here's my reason for disliking Chuck and his dealing with the Church family: I hate everyone and everything.

You're stil trying to buy yourself a vacation, eh?

Openly editing others posts, along with your other trolling stupidity, will certainly buy you a one-way ticket to Deathlok-land.

Openly editing others posts, along with your other trolling stupidity, will certainly buy you a one-way ticket to Deathlok-land.

It's hilarious that you seem to think that being suspended or banned from the boards would be such a horrible fate.

It's hilarious that you seem to think that being suspended or banned from the boards would be such a horrible fate.

It's not the upcoming supension that should worry you, it's the fact that you're acting like such a childish dork.

It's not the upcoming supension that should worry you, it's the fact that you're acting like such a childish dork.

I'll make you a deal. You stop acting like such an a-hole all the time and I'll stop acting like a childish dork. It's that simple.

I think as a rule, every board member should have a "bye month" Post all you want the other 11 months.. but when your bye comes around.... unplug and go outside.

It does a body good. thumbsup2.gif

Ze-

I'll make you a deal. You stop acting like such an a-hole all the time and I'll stop acting like a childish dork. It's that simple.

How about you stop attacking me, and I'll stop replying in kind? Deal?

How many more times is this old straw man going to be dragged out? foreheadslap.gif

He fabricates, embellishes and outright lies, stating he tried to tell the family they were sitting on hundreds of thousands of dollars, portraying the Churches as a devil-family of racist comic-haters, all the while painting himself as some pot-smoking white knight, riding in and *saving* the comics from those freakish inbred satanists, who would surely burn them in some ritualistic sacrifice.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif Actually, tth2, JC sums it up quite nicely here. Nice job, Joe thumbsup2.gif

I especially like: "It's like some hemp-laded Grimm's Fairy Tale. " grin.gif

How about you stop attacking me, and I'll stop replying in kind? Deal?

No, my issue has always been your general behavior on the boards rather than any personal attacks that you've made on me.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif Actually, tth2, JC sums it up quite nicely here. Nice job, Joe thumbsup2.gif

I especially like: "It's like some hemp-laded Grimm's Fairy Tale. " grin.gif

Joe can turn a phrase for sure thumbsup2.gif

No, my issue has always been your general behavior on the boards rather than any personal attacks that you've made on me.

Far too open, as I could sneeze and you'd scream "bad behavior" and continue to troll me at the drop of a hat.

I think what you're really saying is that you want to be a Mod, right?