• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pgm my HULK 1 for a newbie

36 posts in this topic

Looks like a strong 5.5/6.0 candidate without looking at the back cover. Centering looks about right and little to none for marvel chipping. Is that a scratch or crease on TRC? And is the bottom staple rusty/attached?

Can someone provide their opinion about the edges...I have doubts.

CGC is soft on that issue and I don't think there is nearly enough wear to bring it down to the VG+ range.

5.5/6.0 sounds about right, maybe higher. You should send that book to CGC ASAP if you are thinking of selling it or want a solid opinion on restoration.

Thank your grandfather! That's a nice gift!

5.0 from me, only b/c of spine. Looks real nice otherwise.

Just to clarify, you guys think it's trimmed b/c of the pages peeking out top of right edge? I agree it's suspicious, but not a slamdunk...

5.0 from me, only b/c of spine. Looks real nice otherwise.

Just to clarify, you guys think it's trimmed b/c of the pages peeking out top of right edge? I agree it's suspicious, but not a slamdunk...

i think its trimmed , cuz it looks way to striight for a book 45 years old, i could be wrong though confused-smiley-013.gif

That's a great looking copy, nicely centered, and it doesn't look trimmed to me. Here's my copy (CGC 6.0), which shows almost the exact same relative positioning of the interior pages and the cover as yours - the pages extend beyond the cover at the top, then taper off to be flush with the cover near the bottom...most early SA Marvels are like this.

hulk1.jpg

hi any suggestions or walkthrus on how to send them to CGC? my main concern is shipping and like how much should I insure the Hulk 1 for thanks, I like to get them to CGC within the month.
Are you a member of the collectors society? It costs $99 You get an envelope, with 3 free grading coupons, forms that you need to fill out, and send along with your books. I just sent some books to CGC Priority W/delivery confirmation return reciept requested.

You will be able to check your order status online through the collectors society page.

BTW you can't just send the books to CGC, without becoming a member of the collectors society. If you don't want to become a member, your books would have to be submitted through someone else.

hi any suggestions or walkthrus on how to send them to CGC? my main concern is shipping and like how much should I insure the Hulk 1 for thanks, I like to get them to CGC within the month.

Broken,

Welcome to the boards! You are a very lucky person. That's a nice looking copy (5.0? or higher 893scratchchin-thumb.gif), and I seriously doubt it's been trimmed or otherwise restored if you got it from your Grandfather. To send it in to CGC go to one of the sites that will give you a 20% discount, e.g., GPA or http://comics.heritageauctions.com/ or Classics Incorporated.

Follow the instructions on the online submission form. For packing your books, go to CGC's site and read Packing your books.

Send them USPS Priority flat rate box with signature required. Insurance is unnecessary if you pack them well enough.

Good luck!

-David