• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dont You Hate When......

10 posts in this topic

Yous sell a book and try to find it again only to see it escalate in price.

I sold my slabbed copy 9.0 for less then $200 a couple of years ago, been searching to replace it with a little better copy. Slabbed ones in 9.2/9.4 are crazy and even raw copies that look pretty good are getting some pretty good coin,

Like this one on Ebay, advertised as a Raw NM-/NM is over $300 with 8 hours to go frustrated.gif

2c_12.JPG

I don't understand why you'd get rid of a 9.0? But that's just me. I haven't sold a book in decades. I guess it's however you approach collecting. I have bought nicer shapped books of ones I already own. But I haven't got rid of the old ones yet. (Still wanting to see if my kid's or nephews get into the hobby as they grow older. I know how I would've felt had one of my uncles saved his early Marvel's to pass on to me. :lol )

I seem to go in phases of acqusition/deaccessioning on a cyclical basis. Right now, I'm getting rid of some of my "showpiece" books.

I know it will be difficult to replace them, but if I ever REALLY want to own them (or something close) again, the marketplace will be accommodating. Most of my collecting interest is Marvel silver age, and even thought the prices are high, there's always enough to go around.

I just enjoy trading/searching/acquiring, and if I kept everything, I'd eventually run out of things to want more of...

But IF I owned a Captain America 1 (even though they're relatively plentiful), I would never get rid of that.

That's why I have a hard time selling my really good books...future replacement could be a [female dog]... Christo_pull_hair.gif

I remember buying my Witching Hour #1 CGC 9.4 for $400....now it will easily cost me double...and this is just in the last few years.

So yeah, nikos.....I feel the pain. mad.gif