• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Was anyone else tracking these Star Wars 3 & 4 35 centers?

13 posts in this topic

napa boy probably threw him a high figure and had it end early...it did not sell for 5.99...crock of bS; sell off ebay at over $100- $200 and not pay fees? I think this is the way the seller went. All of us were probably waiting with a snipe on these...

napa boy probably threw him a high figure and had it end early...it did not sell for 5.99...crock of bS; sell off ebay at over $100- $200 and not pay fees? I think this is the way the seller went. All of us were probably waiting with a snipe on these...

That's what I'm thinking. I sent him and email saying basically "I hope you got good money for those books."

I definitely had a snipe set and I can think of a couple of other people who probably did as well (I just shipped a book to one of them.) It would have been interesting to see where it would have ended up naturally.

I totally missed those. And you're right--that is in all likelihood a deal that was worked out for more than the ending price. If I was you guys, I'd complain to ebay--I know of several buyers and sellers that have been NARU'd over this--ebay losses out on fees, so they will actually clamp down on this if enough people complain about an individual transaction.

I totally missed those. And you're right--that is in all likelihood a deal that was worked out for more than the ending price. If I was you guys, I'd complain to ebay--I know of several buyers and sellers that have been NARU'd over this--ebay losses out on fees, so they will actually clamp down on this if enough people complain about an individual transaction. On the other hand, I've also been told to go screw by ebay when I've complained about similar deals ("every seller has the right to end an auction whenever they please", or some such [!@#%^&^].)

Paul - I totally see eye to eye here. The damage done is the phony reason listed by seller for ending auction early. I would want to be the next guy posting my StarWars 3 and 4 35 cent variants and get reamed for asking over $50 for 'em. The BS just kills all potential future sales for this book at a price favorable to the seller. I'm glad that napa got his SW variants as he bids big on these particular Star Wars variants even the "blatantly" listed ones. Seller can do what he wants but once he put it up on eBay he should have let it ride. I have a feeling that some guys on this forum, like reality trip and others die hard into just the star wars variants, would have given "napa" a run for his money. The seller really took a huge chance and possibly a heavy loss of potential profit by doing this.

As a seller, I sell off eBay but not at the expense of already listed items that have bids. AS a buyer, I wait until auction end and if I win, I use that as leverage for asking the seller if they have anymore variants for sale, but asking them to end the auction early is interference.

No, I think he said they weren't for sale at all, because they were ruined.

Here is his exact e-mail.

I wrote: "Do you still have the Star Wars 3 and 4 35 centers?

I'll make you a good offer."

Seller wrote:

"Sorry the books were ruined. glass of water. OUch."

I wrote back

"So they aren't for sale? I'll still buy."

Seller...

"I'll have to see what they look like when they dry out. right now i think they are gonna be mulch."

Me...

"Well, give me a pic and maybe we can still come up w/ something."