• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men Collecting Thread!
10 10

2,042 posts in this topic

:banana:

I thought you might be going after a couple of the 9.6s. Glad you didn't have your sights set on the 52 :foryou: Leaves me with only 1 book left for the 50-66 run in 9.6. But, what was the deal with the 2 43s that sold? The 9.4 sold for more than the 9.6 :o

Congrats, Chris on the 52. I was watching that one and a few others but opted to just pursue the 54. I don't get the 43. It makes no sense. The only thing I can think of is the bidders on the 9.4 thought it would go cheaper than the 9.6 and chose to ignore the 9.6. I'm sure whoever won the 9.4 is going doh! when he saw the final price of the 9.6. Personally, I think CLink could benefit from spacing their auctions a little further apart, say 5-10 minutes.This way bidders go could go for the 9.6 first and if they fail, they'd still have a few minutes to pursue the 9.4.

:banana:

I thought you might be going after a couple of the 9.6s. Glad you didn't have your sights set on the 52 :foryou: Leaves me with only 1 book left for the 50-66 run in 9.6. But, what was the deal with the 2 43s that sold? The 9.4 sold for more than the 9.6 :o

Congrats, Chris on the 52. I was watching that one and a few others but opted to just pursue the 54. I don't get the 43. It makes no sense. The only thing I can think of is the bidders on the 9.4 thought it would go cheaper than the 9.6 and chose to ignore the 9.6. I'm sure whoever won the 9.4 is going doh! when he saw the final price of the 9.6. Personally, I think CLink could benefit from spacing their auctions a little further apart, say 5-10 minutes.This way bidders go could go for the 9.6 first and if they fail, they'd still have a few minutes to pursue the 9.4.

Yeah that was my thought as well. It wasn't a weak or fugly 9.6 either (shrug) Nice score on the 54 :banana:

Just bought my first S.A. X-men book today.

xmen1ri0.jpg

That makes 2 out of 5 grails for me. :cloud9:

much nicer than the first copy of x-men #1 i owned! Mine was a 1.0 that i had restored by matt nelson. when he first sent it to me it looked awful as the color touch was poorly done. i sent it back and told him it looked like an old lady with too much make-up on! About a month later nelson returned it to me looking much better but it was this book that taught me a lesson about extensively restored books!

Congratulations! What are the other grails?

This one plus my Hulk 181 I have. Still need a G.S. X-men #1, X-men #94 and a Daredevil #1 to finish off my personal grail quest.

Guess I better start putting in some overtime!