• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers collecting thread!
11 11

1,732 posts in this topic

It's not going to get any better with collectors like me out there who are inexperienced at grading or don't open the books up much in order to keep them in the best condition. I've had that #1 for almost 20 years and I probably opened the bag and looked at it three or four times since I bought it. And it was worse with higher grade books. I bought them in 1993 and I doubt I opened them up more than twice.

I guess the lesson is to stick with slabbed books until I'm educated further in the fine art of inspection.

Oh well, My $750 investment in the #s 3,4 and 6 should be worth $25-30 grand now. Not bad.

Now what to send in next? I've got a nice TTA #35 and an FF #12. I'll probably send in one of my #57s.I've got one that is probably at least 9.0 but then again, who knows!

That's an amazing rate of return lol .

Before it heads to its' new home:

[insert image of phenomenal 9.4 copy of Avengers #9 that would look REALLY nice in Andrew's home]

So do tell: who's home is it going to???

If the buyer wants to go public, that's for him to disclose. :shy:

Bob you weren't tempted to run this in a Comclink auction? I know they have a 9.4 in their next auction but straight white pages would pay a huge premimim.

I got an outstanding price for the book, and didn't have to pay anyone a commission. Especially a house that runs auctions with the identities of the bidders kept secret.

[insert image of phenomenal 9.4 copy of Avengers #9 that would look REALLY nice in Andrew's home]

Given the page quality and beautiful cut, I've got my prime suspect picked out.

Received this week from CGC. Obviously, a major disappoinment with #1 and a slight one with #3 (a small stain on inside URC; you tell me if it looks worse than #6 ...) but not so with #6.

998163_003.jpg

998163_002.jpg

998163_001.jpg

Nice batch! :golfclap: Looking forward to seeing the FF12... :headbang:

Given the page quality and beautiful cut, I've got my prime suspect picked out.

lol

Me too, Jeff. Me too.

If the buyer wants to go public, that's for him to disclose. :shy:

Yeah I know. But I had to ask. :gossip: