• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man 121 Grade?

8 posts in this topic

Hi again,

and thanks all for your help in grading my ASM 7!!

This is the second book I’m looking opinions about the grade. Thanks to your suggestions I’m very tempted to send this and the other books to CGC before offering them for sale, but living in Europe I’m very scared by all the problems that shipping costs and Customs could generate. frown.gif

Is there anyone out there who had a similar experience?

The book to grade is Amazing Spider-Man 121:

Click here to see a large scan of front cover (712 KB)

Click here to see a large scan of back cover (616 KB)

Click here to see a camera shot of bottom right corner (162 KB)

Thanks again for any help that you can provide.

If it was any other book than 121, 122, or 129. This would probably be a 9.0/9.2 but since it's a 121.. I'd say 8.5 unless they don't take off for those 2 printer marks along the bottom of the cover, in which case it could be a 9.0

Brian

I'd say NM- 9.2 (If there are no stress lines in spine. They are difficult to see in yellow colored books.)

I think other people graded this down to 8.5 because CGC seems to be very strict in these heavy submitted issues (ASM 121,122).

But those kind of things shouldn't affect grading. It's totally irrelevant.

Only if you want to sell it to me, but to tell you the truth. No 100 dollars is low, you're talking 150 or so probably. If you slab it and get a 9.0, you're looking at around 200-225. And if you get a 9.2, probably 275-290.

Brian