• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Make an offer on my JLA #1 CGC 3.5!

109 posts in this topic

I was figuring some one else will bump it up a notch from me and and keep it rolling.

If it were mine, I wouldn't sell it either, for that price.

Here again, there is a great disparity between the raw OPG and the CGC/GPA.

I've seen many times a key that gets graded and comes in low, and now demands a price a lot lower than what it should. OPG at $667 and GPA at $388? That sucks, and we've all seen this happen before.

Maybe you should crack it open and sell it raw for more?

Is GPA becoming the wholesaler price on lower grade CGC books? Lowest common denominator for sales? That's a wide variance on the JLA 1 and it says one of two things.....

Overstreet is out of touch with what people perceive as the value of JLA in lower grade, or people have been getting sweet deals as of late on the internet for SA keys.

Which is it?

I'm sure you could sell it for a higher percentage of overstreet as a raw book in a comic store.....but we're talking internet sales here and now.

50% overstreet is a dealer buy price on that one, and It's easily a 70% overstreet book on most days in my opinion.....but then again, I already have a copy.

I wonder what the raw copies are selling for on ebay these days?

Yeah, I think that GPA is the only honest and true reflection of what people are willing to pay for the lower grades even if they are keys.

I think a lot of the time the only reason raw ones go for higher is because either the buyer or the seller has overgraded it anyway.

I think a lot of the time the only reason raw ones go for higher is because either the buyer or the seller has overgraded it anyway.

I think it is because of this:

Sometimes a raw copy has the allure of "maybe it will grade out even higher if I submit it than what i bought it for" thereby giving the buyer the thrill of getting a better/more valuable book than he is paying for. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think it is because of this:

Sometimes a raw copy has the allure of "maybe it will grade out even higher if I submit it than what i bought it for" thereby giving the buyer the thrill of getting a better/more valuable book than he is paying for. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I agree with that. Its another form of gambling for some.

Yeah, I think that GPA is the only honest and true reflection of what people are willing to pay for the lower grades even if they are keys.

Most collectors probably don't use GPA. While a great deal of the knuckle heads here do stooges.gif, it would be far more beneficial to sell it reflecting OS at the next CON. juggle.gif

Most collectors probably don't use GPA. While a great deal of the knuckle heads here do stooges.gif, it would be far more beneficial to sell it reflecting OS at the next CON. juggle.gif

Yeah but King, if $325 was 83% of OS and $600+ or whatever was 83% of GPA then wouldn't you want the GPA amount? I know you use both so im just curious.

Yeah but King, if $325 was 83% of OS and $600+ or whatever was 83% of GPA then wouldn't you want the GPA amount? I know you use both so im just curious.

Yeah, I probably would. But that variance is fairly non existent. The only time where something like that would be found would be if the book were "hot" which we all know is just a short-term buzz, or if the book was a Timely Cap or something. In general, OS displays the prices you will find in the majority of the market. Not often will you find something pricing books based off of GPA.

In general, OS displays the prices you will find in the majority of the market. Not often will you find something pricing books based off of GPA.

really? I find the exact opposite to be true, unless you are talking about random Joe's local comic book shop, I find that with the exception of low/mide GA books, overstreet is either way over (for G-VF ) books, or way under (for nm or better).

Between shows and eBay I almost never pay more than 1/2 guide on non-GA books I buy. Even stores typically need to discount off Overstreet to move non HG stuff.

In general, OS displays the prices you will find in the majority of the market. Not often will you find something pricing books based off of GPA.

really? I find the exact opposite to be true, unless you are talking about random Joe's local comic book shop, I find that with the exception of low/mide GA books, overstreet is either way over (for G-VF ) books, or way under (for nm or better).

Between shows and eBay I almost never pay more than 1/2 guide on non-GA books I buy. Even stores typically need to discount off Overstreet to move non HG stuff.

I'm not talking about what you actually PAY. Even if you get 1/2 guide on something, you got that 1/2 guide because of the guide. Their asking price was based off of numbers in OS not GPA.

Would it not have been a lot simpler if you had an asking price instead poke2.gif

foreheadslap.gif I guess some people have yet to learn that putting books up "for offer" here is an excercise in frustration 99.9% of the time.

Would it not have been a lot simpler if you had an asking price instead poke2.gif

foreheadslap.gif I guess some people have yet to learn that putting books up "for offer" here is an excercise in frustration 99.9% of the time.

That's because everyone here including me is a low-baller. acclaim.gif

I have gotten a handful of fair offers, but never on non high grade stuff.

I have gotten a handful of fair offers, but never on non high grade stuff.

hi.gif