• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Make an offer on my JLA #1 CGC 3.5!

109 posts in this topic

Would it not have been a lot simpler if you had an asking price instead poke2.gif

foreheadslap.gif I guess some people have yet to learn that putting books up "for offer" here is an excercise in frustration 99.9% of the time.

That's because everyone here including me is a low-baller. acclaim.gif

I have gotten a handful of fair offers, but never on non high grade stuff.

hi.gif

You were definitely one of the people I was thinking of. 893applaud-thumb.gif

A book is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. That is why GPA is what I use. The overstreet numbers are just estimates while GPA is based on actual recorded sales.

This is exactly what I was thinking too.

Overstreet is an average in the marketplace (albeit one that is months old even at printing) whereas GPA is an up-to-the-minute reflection of what the current market is paying.

You have vast differences there. Plus, Overstreet does not update ALL of the prices invdividually but will levy an across the board increase for certain titles which is not always the best reflection of the marketplace.

A book is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. That is why GPA is what I use. The overstreet numbers are just estimates while GPA is based on actual recorded sales.

This is exactly what I was thinking too.

Overstreet is an average in the marketplace (albeit one that is months old even at printing) whereas GPA is an up-to-the-minute reflection of what the current market is paying.

You have vast differences there. Plus, Overstreet does not update ALL of the prices invdividually but will levy an across the board increase for certain titles which is not always the best reflection of the marketplace.

It may not be, but even so on a retail level it is still considered the standard. It doesn't matter how accurate or inaccurate it is if the community in general still follows it.

I use GPA as a replacement to OS. I don't want to look in OS, and pay $600 for a book that's only really selling for $388.

foreheadslap.gif Online auctions are not the limit or sole outlet for comic sales.

But why pay imaginary prices when you can go online and get the book for prices that people actually pay? screwy.gif

I use GPA as a replacement to OS. I don't want to look in OS, and pay $600 for a book that's only really selling for $388.

foreheadslap.gif Online auctions are not the limit or sole outlet for comic sales.

Agreed. But ignoring GPA in favor of OS isn't realistic either. Lets face it, if everyone on eBay started their auctions at OS levels, we probably wouldn't see many comics sell.

Agreed. But ignoring GPA in favor of OS isn't realistic either. Lets face it, if everyone on eBay started their auctions at OS levels, we probably wouldn't see many comics sell.

Either that, or those that wanted them would start paying more.