• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Make an offer on my JLA #1 CGC 3.5!

109 posts in this topic

because you us GPA doesn't mean that most other people do.

This is true, and dealers never do unless GPA is over guide. Even on a book like JLA #1 in cgc 3.5, if you ask to see that at any con, the price will be $700. The Overstreet value plus a CGC premium. Thruth is most collectors don't have a clue GPA even exists and think that a book in a slab automaticly cost more. Most collectors aren't buying the kind of books Rob is either so there is less emphasis on being educated for them.

It is a good thing to educate those people, especially if they ask, but it probably shouldn't be done unsolicited in another person's for sale thread.

I am amazed at how a for sale thread can turn in to a debate on these boards. screwy.gif

King-

I hope you realize that I meant no insult to you by my lower offer on your book. I did, in fact, look at OS initially, but of course, since it's slabbed, I checked GPA also. I might have been willing to pay the GPA price, but i think you have the OS price in mind, with somewhat of a discount. I think you still might be better off to crack it open and sell it raw on ebay, where they probably use OS only, and you'll get your price.

As I said earlier, I wouldn't have sold it for $325 either, if it were mine.

King-

I hope you realize that I meant no insult to you by my lower offer on your book. I did, in fact, look at OS initially, but of course, since it's slabbed, I checked GPA also. I might have been willing to pay the GPA price, but i think you have the OS price in mind, with somewhat of a discount. I think you still might be better off to crack it open and sell it raw on ebay, where they probably use OS only, and you'll get your price.

27_laughing.gif, its no problem. I don't get insulted by offers. I either accept or reject them. I notice that a lot of other board members do get insulted by low offers though, which I don't personally understand. confused-smiley-013.gif I have two possible trades right now, so I'm happy. cloud9.gif

King-

If going the Ebay route, why crack it open. My experience says that I'm more likely to get OS prices when the buyer knows the grade is true. I would think to crack it and get more you would have to claim it a 5.5 which I don't picture King doing.

If I am wrong about slabbed books selling higher though, please enlighten me. Seriously.

I have seen some lower graded slabbed keys go for less than some raws for some reason. I think it is because the buyer thinks if he slabs it, it might come out higher. Like somebody said earlier, like gambling. I bought my Hulk #1 under these strange circumstances, a couple years back.

I have seen some lower graded slabbed keys go for less than some raws for some reason. I think it is because the buyer thinks if he slabs it, it might come out higher. Like somebody said earlier, like gambling. I bought my Hulk #1 under these strange circumstances, a couple years back.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif maybe its time I crack out my ASM 26 in 3.5 27_laughing.gif