• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange Tales Collecting Thread !
12 12

2,876 posts in this topic

In today's mail:

ST116OW.jpg

Nice pick up Rich!

Great centering on that one (thumbs u

Thanks Frederic!! It replaces my CR-OW 9.4 copy and is a much nicer book all around. My undercopy IS availible with free shipping to Canada :baiting:lol

the thing is super coo looking on that cover, just a like a painting!

I've often said the exact same "thing" about the Thing on the cover, that he looks painted. That effect can be credited to Inker George Roussos, working under the psuedonym "George Bell". I believe he may have been working with grey tones to achieve the effect. Whatever his approach, the results are stunning!!! (worship):cloud9::headbang:

I promised Jimbo that i'd post this copy before i sent it off to CGC. First appearance of Doctor Strange (too bad he didn't make the cover - but for all you Paste Pot Pete fans......)

StrangeTales110.jpg

StrangeTales110001.jpg

That is one sweet book...now I'm jealous! :insane:Gonna have to pick me up one of these (see my next post)...

I promised Jimbo that i'd post this copy before i sent it off to CGC. First appearance of Doctor Strange (too bad he didn't make the cover - but for all you Paste Pot Pete fans......)

StrangeTales110.jpg

StrangeTales110001.jpg

Beautiful book, and making a nice incline on the GPA graph across all grades.

Does this seem like a harshly graded 3.0?? Sure looks nicer... \(shrug\)

http://www.pedigreecomics.com/detail.php?issue_id=1190

That book certainly looks better than a 3.0 to me, but without a better scan, a BC scan and graders notes, there could be a lot that we're missing.but, if the bulk of the defects are on the FC, i'd say this is one of those books that simply presents better then it's technical grade and would make a nice part of someone's collection.and, for some reason, that book is starting to take off.