• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange Tales Collecting Thread !
12 12

2,876 posts in this topic

Originally Posted By: trmoore54
Does this seem like a harshly graded 3.0?? Sure looks nicer... \(shrug\)

http://www.pedigreecomics.com/detail.php?issue_id=1190

That book certainly looks better than a 3.0 to me, but without a better scan, a BC scan and graders notes, there could be a lot that we're missing.

but, if the bulk of the defects are on the FC, i'd say this is one of those books that simply presents better then it's technical grade and would make a nice part of someone's collection.

and, for some reason, that book is starting to take off.

The whole book looks badly burnt. Could be an extra staple poking through at the bottom?

I promised Jimbo that i'd post this copy before i sent it off to CGC. First appearance of Doctor Strange (too bad he didn't make the cover - but for all you Paste Pot Pete fans......)

StrangeTales110.jpg

StrangeTales110001.jpg

NICE....Your books look SO sharp raw...it's almost a shame to slab it, but I definitely wouldn't sell a marvel key without sending it to Sarasota first.GOD BLESS...-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

grade?

The usual. Bought as a VF/NM, submitted to cgc expecting a 9.0, now sitting in an 8.5 ow/w label. Apparently, 4 tiny spine stress lines and no other defects of note = 8.5, at least on the day and hour it was graded.

grade?

The usual. Bought as a VF/NM, submitted to cgc expecting a 9.0, now sitting in an 8.5 ow/w label. Apparently, 4 tiny spine stress lines and no other defects of note = 8.5, at least on the day and hour it was graded.

Scan looks 9.0 / 9.2. Just a beautiful book!

Originally Posted By: namisgr
grade?

Scan looks 9.0 / 9.2. Just a beautiful book!

I have to agree that looks better than an 8.5, Bob............. :acclaim:

grade?

Robbed.

Originally Posted By: namisgr
grade?

Robbed.

When was it graded?

When was it graded?

I've got a really strong memory, but not for those kinds of details. :) Best recollection is about four years ago. Graded in the same submission as my Hulk #5 that deserved a 9.2 but was graded 9.0 white.

Originally Posted By: Aces
When was it graded?

I've got a really strong memory, but not for those kinds of details. \:\) Best recollection is about four years ago. Graded in the same submission as my Hulk #5 that deserved a 9.2 but was graded 9.0 white.

I thought maybe it was graded recently (like last month).I hear they've been killing books since the new regime took over. :(

When was it graded?

I've got a really strong memory, but not for those kinds of details. \:\) Best recollection is about four years ago. Graded in the same submission as my Hulk #5 that deserved a 9.2 but was graded 9.0 white.

You wuz robbed! :sumo:

thought maybe it was graded recently (like last month).

I hear they've been killing books since the new regime took over.

I hear you. My last Standard Tier submission with a thing of carnage. So aversive, I don't know when if ever I'll try another.

thought maybe it was graded recently (like last month).<br />I hear they've been killing books since the new regime took over.

I hear you. My last Standard Tier submission with a thing of carnage. So aversive, I don't know when if ever I'll try another.

Could you elaborate further? At least to state there were x number of books and the average grade was minus .75 of what I had them graded at, something to that effect, I'm just curious...I've got about 10 books I'm waiting on (hopefully will receive them soon, it's been a good 3 months) that are all 9.0-9.2-ish except for my DD 7 which I'm strongly hoping for a 7.0...but if the borderline 9.0s come back 8.0 or 8.5 and if the DD 7 comes back a 6.0 (6.5 would be acceptable) the whole submission will have been basically a waste...I'll share results when I get everything back...THANKS!Tom

I have no scans of books to post, but I do have a stack of Strange Tales 135 - 168 sitting on my desk ready to be read finally :cloud9::headbang:

Well, the Nick Fury stories at least...I'm saving the Dr Strange stories until I finish up the rest of the 110, 111, 114-168 run. Only 4 more issues, but I'm an impatient person and want to at least read the SHIELD stuff NOW! heh

-B