• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange Tales Collecting Thread !
12 12

2,876 posts in this topic

^ Generally I'm looking for 9.4s, and if that proves too difficult or expensive I will usually drop down to 9.0.  Although I can't say I've been overly focused on this particular issue, I don't think I've seen a 9.0+ copy in the 2.5 years since I rededicated myself to completing my runs.

More broadly, there's no doubt in my mind that Strange Tales is a tougher run to complete than TOS or TTA.  Even JIM, while notoriously tough in ultra high grade, is pretty straightforward to fill in if you're willing to be a little less OCD.

3 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

well, it took YEARS, but the 8.5 has finally been upgraded.   this'un sports a decently-placed stan sig, and from just a month before we lost him.   very happy with it!  

just the 101, 110 and 115 below the threshold now, but no real expectation that the first two will get bumped from their current 8.0 status.

st113-1.jpg

YEAH!! Happy for you, Billy! 

I wonder why they changed the little Marvel Comics Group square in the upper left from the waving Torch to the flying Torch on the next issue going forward. I LIKE the little waving Torch :) Seems …. friendly. Maybe that's not what they were going for. (shrug)

Strange Tales 108 8.5 front pic.jpg

12 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

I stop Strange Tales when Ditko leaves.

I’m missing out on all that sweet Steranko, but I’ll get thru this.

There's also some great Everett work in there too that would be missed. No worries though, 'cause that's one cool thing about the boards: Even if you don't have it, chances are someone else here does! (thumbsu

22 hours ago, Frisco Larson said:

I only have a raw copy of 109. Of course, I suppose I can look inside to see what the hubbub is all about ;) 

Strange Tales 109.JPG

It's just one panel from a history telling of how the Imps were placed in the box by Circe, but it is the same Sersi of the Eternals.