• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
16 16

3,134 posts in this topic

FINALLY picked up a #227 9.8!!!! :whee::cloud9:

xdfn7b.jpg

Which got me to reread the Born Again TPB for probably the 4th time! And something donned on me last night :idea: (and if this is a commonly known fact - :facepalm: )

Did you guys realize that first three issue starts with a page of Matt lying in a bed and the regression he experiences and the hell he goes through?!

2ylo0hy.png

And it's not until the fourth book where he is lying in a bed recovering with his mother hovering over him - "Born Again"

117wk12.jpg

And the next issue - "Saved" shows him fighting his way back...

Daredevil_BornAgain11.jpg

Sorry if I'm just :blahblah: This was always my favorite Daredevil story arch... now even more so. Just great storytelling. :)

Although I have always expressed my perplexities for the strong alterations brought by Miller to Daredevil, "Born Again" is a story which always attracted me more than the original run he also draw.

Here’s #1 of the British magazine "The Daredevils", which represented Miller's DD in B/W but more importantly contains very important original stories of Captain Britain (and seems darn rare in grade: I am super-happy I got a full run that I keep showing it around…) :whee: :

nZWQeEah.jpg

And... I just won this:

I now have representatives of the following pedigrees:

Boston

Mass (x2)

Pacific Coast (x3)

White Mountain

Western Penn (x15)

Curator (x2)

Twin Cities (x3)

Northland

Suscha News (x8)

Rocky Mountain (x2)

141403.jpg.5ffbde97b96ea5bbc9c8453261921590.jpg

Comic Connect

and...

Daredevil 153 9.8 Western Penn

Daredevil 152 9.8 Western Penn

Daredevil 148 9.8 Western Penn

Daredevil 136 9.8 Western Penn

Daredevil 135 9.8 Western Penn

Daredevil 133 9.8 Western Penn

Daredevil 132 9.6 Western Penn

Daredevil 120 9.6 Western Penn

Daredevil 72 9.2 Western Penn

Daredevil 68 9.4 Western Penn

Daredevil 51 9.4 Western Penn

Daredevil 46 9.4 Western Penn

Daredevil 45 9.4 Western Penn

Daredevil 34 9.4 Western Penn

Daredevil 32 9.4 Western Penn

First off, great books Rob. Congrats. Seeing the conversation about DD 81, first Black Widow, I had to show off one of my prized possessions. I owned this book raw, it was submitted by me. Pedigree and a Double Cover.

2801131403341.jpg[/url

Edited by bomber-bob

Man Rob - some killer books acquired!

Major congrats!!

Btw, #81 is such a great book imho and yours is indeed a stellar copy!!!

Yeah, I've been holding out for a good one. I'm really pleased with this copy.

And yeah, after a while where the only thing coming in the mail were John Byrne era Fantastic Fours (many Winnipeg pedigree copies at least) I've had a good run of scopping up Daredevils I've been after.

First off, great books Rob. Congrats. Seeing the conversation about DD 81, first Black Widow, I had to show off one of my prized possessions. I owned this book raw, it was submitted by me. Pedigree and a Double Cover.

2801131403341.jpg[/url

WOW.

2801131403341.jpg[/url

WOW.

+1. Couldn't have said it any better!