• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any good comic shops in Chicago?

24 posts in this topic

I grew up in the Chicago area, and there are several very good stores all over the place. Here's the Illinois list from the Master List. Any store in area codes 312, 847, 773, or 630 is in the greater Chicago area. Near O'Hare is area codes 847 and 630, so I'd start there.

Graham Crackers is a good store, but you might want to call ahead - Jamie tends to bring good stuff to shows. If you want a trip, go to Joe Sarno's Nostalgia Shop on the North Side - Joe is the godfather of Chicago fandom and has been around for 40 years.

Good luck getting tickets for Wrigley, they are sold out for most of the summer. To do the "touristy" thing, go to the top of the John Hancock building, NOT the Sears Tower. The Hancock is right on the lake and the view is better. Go to Geno's East downtown for pizza - real Chicago style pizza, about 3 inches thick. Enjoy!

How soon are you travelling?

Coincidentally, I got a flyer in the mail today from Graham Crackers. They're having a 50% off back issue sale at their stores June 20, 21, 22. So if you're going this weekend, it might be worth checking out. I got on their mailing list because I won something from them on eBay-- not a bad deal, but as others have said it was overgraded and I low-ball bid accordingly. 50% discount sounds just about right!

Apparently they have 9 locations, so PM me if you'd like details (or try their site at grahamcrackers.com).

Cheers,

Z.

Hell, all the books they brought to the KC comicon were 50% off! Actually, they're 50% off every year! GREAT pricing on some very pretty books! LOTS of Silver DCs! wink.gif