• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

already slabbed comics?

14 posts in this topic

I have a book that is already slabbed, can i send it to a cgc witness to get a sig(s) and if so how do they unslab it to get a signature ? Also if CGC will be at a con can i fill out the forms online and bring it to the con to submit and save on shipping to them ?thanx

I have never submitted a book to cgc, can i still do it at a show or do i first have to do it online to get an account # ? Sorry, Im sure this has been asked before.

You do not need an account number. The witness will take care of that.

If i send my slabbed book to a cgc signature witness because i cant make it to a Con, does the witness crack it open or do they give it to CGC to do it?
The witness can crack it but the same grade is not certain because the book goes through a complete regrade.

What r we looking at price wise for a book that is already slabbed to get signed and a SS label?

That depends on the age of the book you want to submit. You can pm me the specifics if you dont want to post them here and I will let you know the approximate cost.

Well i have a Cap 100 cgc 8.5 that i would like signed but mostly moderns is what im asking about. I was told that it would be $27(moderns) plus $5 for each additional sig but if its already been graded is there a discount. Not a big deal im not trying to b cheap just want to know if there is any sort of discount. Thanx for your quick replies.

Yeah i kind of thought he would, any idea of what he has charged in the past? Also wanted to try and get Joe Simon. He was here in NY in June but missed him. Stan Lee will be at the NY comic Con in Feb 07' thats what im shooting for. I dont really care what it will cost to his sig. Svndst R u a cgc witness?

Yeah i kind of thought he would, any idea of what he has charged in the past? Also wanted to try and get Joe Simon. He was here in NY in June but missed him. Stan Lee will be at the NY comic Con in Feb 07' thats what im shooting for. I dont really care what it will cost to his sig. Svndst R u a cgc witness?

Hey Prof,

Keep the book in the slab for now. Have CGC break it open, they do it all the time so there will be a smaller chance of damage when it is removed.

Anyone can crack a blue label book out of the case, but having someone like a CGC employee do it will reduce the risk of damage. When you submit a blue label book for signature series, submit the old label to get a credit.

However, already encapsulated Signature Series books being submitted for new signatures must be cracked out of the cases at the CGC booth either by, or in front of, CGC staff. .

Witnesses do not work for CGC - they are dealers or their employees/associates that have been approved by CGC to obtain autographs for collectibles and submit them immediately to CGC for grading and encapsulation. And that includes witnesses such as Darrell and Alex

At conventions, Stan Lee does not charge for autographs. His restrictions are usually tight though - 1-2 items per person, and the convention may ticket and even charge for that ticket. His lines are also extremely limited to 100 people at a time or less. The number may be more - or less - in New York this February.

There is usually an autograph charge when someone, as Paradise Comics did last March, arranges for a private signing and goes to see Stan in person. The Paradise signing fees included a signing fee for Stan as well as a matched donation to ACTOR Comic Fund.