• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who's checking out the Hulk movie this Friday?

80 posts in this topic

few graded reviews:

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id=1807592188&cf=critic&intl=us

got a lot of B's, one C & one D

.and (3) A's?

You're all fools.

Every one of you....sheep and fools.

You're blind foolish sheep.

You hear me.....foolish blind sheep that watch bad movies.

That's what you are.......sheep that are blind and foolish that waste money on bad movies and graded comics.

But, I digress.......except to say that all of you blind sheep that are fools and spend your money on bad movies and graded comics are .

Nah, Nemo is still raking in the bucks. Nemo made over 4 million on Wednesday, and it is following a pattern of making more money everyday of the week (building on Monday's gross, not Sundays). Nemo cleared over 203 million in 20 days, which is incredible (especially because it is a kids film), even with the advent of films grossing over 80 milion on their opening weekends.

I think boxofficeguru.com got it right...75 million due to the screen saturation. Between Nemo, Bruce Almighty (which is also still making megabucks), the new chick flick opening up, the few people who will trickle in to see 2 fast 2 furious, and To Justin From Kelly (or whatever, if I goofed up the movie title), and the fact that Hulk does not have a weekend to itself to suck in the bucks like a Hoover vacuum.

Hulk may be lucky to clear 70 million, and a truly phenomenal opening would put its gross around the same level as X2's opening weekend. I am dying to see the Hulk (and will be seeing the first show at my local theater tomorrow morning), but it needed its own weekend to get anywhere near 90 million.

I also agree with some critics, in that no matter how much I enjoy the film, I suspect the fact that it is more drama/melodrama than a pure action flick--will limit the films box-office appeal. The cynic in me says the Hulk will be lucky to end up with a 150-170 million final gross.

Hulk may be lucky to clear 70 million, and a truly phenomenal opening would put its gross around the same level as X2's opening weekend. I am dying to see the Hulk (and will be seeing the first show at my local theater tomorrow morning), but it needed its own weekend to get anywhere near 90 million.

I also agree with some critics, in that no matter how much I enjoy the film, I suspect the fact that it is more drama/melodrama than a pure action flick--will limit the films box-office appeal. The cynic in me says the Hulk will be lucky to end up with a 150-170 million final gross.

85 MILLION++ no problem!! Mark my words!

Marketing is insane....

If 2ft2 can draw 50 mil+ in a weekend, It' s a no brainer the hulk media frenzy can SMASH that to say the least.

You're all fools.

Every one of you....sheep and fools.

You're blind foolish sheep.

You hear me.....foolish blind sheep that watch bad movies.

That's what you are.......sheep that are blind and foolish that waste money on bad movies and graded comics.

But, I digress.......except to say that all of you blind sheep that are fools and spend your money on bad movies and graded comics are .

I continue to be impressed by this Joe lampoon...BRAVO!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I'll try and check it out at a matinee tomorrow. Me work too late on week day. mad.gif PALADIN SMASH PUNY HUMANS THAT MAKE PALADIN WORK. makepoint.gifmakepoint.gif PALADIN WANT JARELLA BRING ME DRINK! "NOW TELL ME JARELLA, WHY YOU NOT IN FILM?!" "I WANT SEE YOU IN HULK 2!"

Does anybody know if they gave Lee&Kirby creator credit in the beginning of the film??

Yep, Lee was an Executive Producer, and Lee and Kirby were billed as the creators at the beginning of the end credits. Plus Lee was in it and had a speaking part--with Lou Ferrigno!!!!

Saw the film this morning, and yes, Lee and Kirby are mentioned in the opening credits, along with Stan being credited as an exec producer (I believe, the opening credits tend to go by pretty fast).

The double cameo of Lou and Stan was cool too, elicited a few chuckles of recognition from the crowd I was with.

By the way, if you see this film in the early parts of the day, be prepared to see a TON of children in the theater. I think the kids will be bored silly until the last act of the movie, but hey...when the Hulk started running super fast to leap into the sky--at least one young un sitting behind me said "cool" (or awesome, something to that effect). I agree, that was a fun scene.

I LOVED the film, but dang...some critics nailed it when they said parts of the film could put you to sleep, as it was a long son of a gun to sit through (of course I sat through Titanic without having to get up once, so my complaints about the slow parts are trivial when compared to my overall enjoyment of the film).