• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Invaders 1 CGC 9.8

22 posts in this topic

An off-white to white, 9.8 CGC copy of Invaders 1 just sold for under $325 on e-bay from a reputable dealer.

Is this book suddenly losing value or were sellers scared away because the scan makes the book look faded at the top or is there some other reason the book sold more cheaply than other 9.8's of this book?

An off-white to white, 9.8 CGC copy of Invaders 1 just sold for under $325 on e-bay from a reputable dealer.

Is this book suddenly losing value or were sellers scared away because the scan makes the book look faded at the top or is there some other reason the book sold more cheaply than other 9.8's of this book?

893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

popcorn.gif

My personal feeling is that the book is way over valued and there are tons of high grade #1's out there.

About 10 years ago, I picked up and traded away several copies of the Giant size # 1 from someone that had at least a case. In regards of collectability and value, I think JC is right , that is a high price.

You'd be better off with Boris the Bear # 1.

and that isn't too good either.

It's a long weekend boys and girls. Nobody with any form of life in them bids on books on a long weekend....or...posts......on comic...forums....forget it... foreheadslap.gif

An off-white to white, 9.8 CGC copy of Invaders 1 just sold for under $325 on e-bay from a reputable

dealer.

I still think that's about $225 too much.

Don't let Scheradon hear you say that. 27_laughing.gif

Can Champions 1 be far behind? 893whatthe.gif

Ha, ha 893naughty-thumb.gif

It only wnet that cheap because I'm broke right now and didn't bid on it. That's usually how it works. Now, when I am ready to go after one, it will surely fly past the $500 mark and I'll be sniped by two cents. Christo_pull_hair.gif

I'm actually waiting for a white pager to show up. This book is incredibly more difficult to find with white pages for some reason.

True that… I've only ever seen (2) 9.8 white pagers.

It only wnet that cheap because I'm broke right now and didn't bid on it. That's usually how it works. Now, when I am ready to go after one, it will surely fly past the $500 mark and I'll be sniped by two cents. Christo_pull_hair.gif

I'm actually waiting for a white pager to show up. This book is incredibly more difficult to find with white pages for some reason.

Should I make that my next goal? confused-smiley-013.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Not sure the payoff for a White pager will bring you the rewards needed to find one. I have a unbelievable 9.8OW that I've kept over (2) 9.8 OWWs. duplicates. I also had a chance to buy a 9.8 W, but it was not as solid as my 9.8 OW. I think Motor City had one for quite awhile. gossip.gif John's offering $500 though.

no offense Visc, but thats a bit of an overstatement… there's plenty of interest in most any 20/25¢ CGC Marvel #1's in 9.8. Even some later 30¢ and 35¢ titles with higher census nubers like Spider-Woman, etc. do OK.

Many of the bronze CGC collectors I know and have dealt with still want even the less popular teams like the Invaders, Inhumans, Champions, etc. in their collections and covet 9.6/9.8's.

This book will likely not "have legs" at the $400+ mark as it had in the past (if that's what you meant), now that there are a decent amount of 9.8's, but I think #1 in 9.8 will have a fair amount of suitors going forward.

I think collectors get bored of the main stream titles. Everyone here has seen every ASM or FF cover ever printed, but you get into these less popular stories and there is always something new. Hence the Bronze horror explosion. You could not pay someone to burn these books at one time. Now a Witching Hour #1 in 9.4 which used to be a $300-400 book is fetching $1200+. Your standard SA Marvel guys turn to DC and less obscure Marvel titles all the time for a fresh "fix" of material. That's how i do it and how i see others doing it.

R.

I think collectors get bored of the main stream titles. Everyone here has seen every ASM or FF cover ever printed, but you get into these less popular stories and there is always something new. Hence the Bronze horror explosion. You could not pay someone to burn these books at one time. Now a Witching Hour #1 in 9.4 which used to be a $300-400 book is fetching $1200+. Your standard SA Marvel guys turn to DC and less obscure Marvel titles all the time for a fresh "fix" of material. That's how i do it and how i see others doing it.

Not me. I just keep buying more and more of the same thing, until my basement floor cracks open from the stress, spilling my precious books into a funeral pyre hotter than the gates of Hell.

That's the plan anyway.

Not me. I just keep buying more and more of the same thing, until my basement floor cracks open from the stress, spilling my precious books into a funeral pyre hotter than the gates of Hell.

That's the plan anyway.

You always were different. tongue.gif