• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

POV Help or anybody else for that matter?

19 posts in this topic

Anybody who has a copy of Gerber's Photo Journal guide to Comic Books could you please post me whatever information is in there around.

Hooray Comic (single shot)

Tendon Publishing 1946

Artwork Dave Tendler

Supposedly it was an Australia issue produced in the US (that is why it is not in the normal Gerber).

A guy I bought some artboards off states in his description that the cover is in the photo journal and that if it were a US comic it would be a Gerber 10.

Plus, if anyone knows how I could get a scan of the cover I would be eternally grateful or knows anything about the artist.

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

*Bump*

C'mon guys give a bloke a break. I am dying here. I need to know this [!@#%^&^].

Please don't make my koala cry.

POV why have you forsaken me..............

sorry.gif

Sorry - have been VERY sick with a horrid flu. Gerber does list it as a 10 but offers no more info than you gave.

Here is a scan of the cover

I am so sorry that you have been sick.

You are a real gentlemen though. That scan has made my day.

But the thlot really plickens here. If you look at the scan it clearly is a 10 center, which means that it can't have been an oz distributed book as oz would have used 6 pence (or something like that) in 1946.

It makes no sense to me then as to why it would not be regarded as a US book and included in the normal Gerber guide.

A definite mystery.

But you got to love the fact that it is a 10. cloud9.gif

And the cover. cloud9.gif

POV...I think I owe you two now. laugh.gif

In CBM #87 Michelle Nolan states that this comic is "apparently a non-United States title". Possibly it is a Canadian edition but I have been looking for info on this comic for awhile to see if it was from a one-shot publisher, which I collect, but no one seems to know for sure if this is a foriegn comic or a very rare US edition.

In CBM #87 Michelle Nolan states that this comic is "apparently a non-United States title". Possibly it is a Canadian edition but I have been looking for info on this comic for awhile to see if it was from a one-shot publisher, which I collect, but no one seems to know for sure if this is a foriegn comic or a very rare US edition.

Have you ever seen a copy for sale ?????

Unfortunatley No, although I have been looking for about 10 years. Sorry crazy.gif

Received my seven original story boards from this issue yesterday. I have to say that I was blown away by how wonderful they were. I will treasure them for a long time. I still can't believe that I was able to get GA original art for an average of $50 a board.

I am going to get them framed and show them off.

Your collecting habits are very interesting. How many GA one shots do you have?

That was an incredible buy, could you post one or PM me a scan... if I can't find the comic at least I'll know what the art looks like.

I currently have copies of Atomic Thunderbolt #1 and Medal of Honor#1 that are officially part of my collection. I have others that don't meet my collecting guidelines such as Spook #1 and Hyper-Mystery#2 since they are not really from a one-shot publisher. As you can see by my signature line I am still looking for Hi-Lite#1.

Good luck on finding that Hooray#1.

Maybe I couldn't have protected them. Check out these results.

Catholic Pictorial

Yes it is scarce but it is only $425 in 9.4 (OS). This is a VG at best.

Catholic Pictorial Cover Proof #1 and an unpublished #2

Wow.

and.......oh the pain

Hooray #1 Cover Proofs

I just never thought it would get this high. Remember I only paid on average $50 US a piece for seven artboards from this book. Glad these guys weren't around when they were up for grabs.

Wow.

and.......oh the pain

Hooray #1 Cover Proofs

I have to say this is an area that, thanks to ebay, is really starting to reveal itself. Having a printing background at one time, it is a fascinating variant on the stuff that draws one to original art.

Sorry you lost out on the cover proofs. I noticed the Horray #1 cover proof isn't the same art used for the Hooray cover posted earlier on this thread confused.gif I guess that's why they make proofs and decided to go with a different cover for #1?