• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did you know that Comiclink's software won't allow you to disclose pressing?

86 posts in this topic

I just tried to list my America's Best Comics #7 on CL. When I typed in "This comic has been professionally pressed by Matt Nelson. It was formerly a 6.5 with off-white pages" and submitted the page, I got the following response...

"The string "pressed" isn't allowed in the seller's grading comments field."

Apparently, an honest seller is not allowed to disclose pressing on Comiclink. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Perhaps it makes sense to e-mail or call Josh to ask him why it appears the word "pressed" cannot be used in the description.

I certainly plan to do so. Makes no sense to me. If there is nothing wrong with a pressed book, and I don't believe there is anything wrong with such a book, why can't the description reveal this to be the fact? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Perhaps it makes sense to e-mail or call Josh to ask him why it appears the word "pressed" cannot be used in the description.

I certainly plan to do so. Makes no sense to me. If there is nothing wrong with a pressed book, and I don't believe there is anything wrong with such a book, why can't the description reveal this to be the fact? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Well don't you know that's bad for sales to tell people 27_laughing.gif even tho it should be told most people wont cause i think a lot of people will stay away form them i would not buy or sale a pressed book if i know it has been pressed but thats just me.

I would love to hear the answer on this one. I can't think of a good reason for this word to be banned, unless it is against their policy to offer pressed books.

Well don't you know that's bad for sales to tell people 27_laughing.gif even tho it should be told most people wont cause i think a lot of people will stay away form them i would not buy or sale a pressed book if i know it has been pressed but thats just me.

That would be one interpretation of Josh's actions.

But perhaps it was just an inadvertent error or staffing issue. Stuff happens. gossip.gif

That would be one interpretation of Josh's actions.

But perhaps it was just an inadvertent error or staffing issue. Stuff happens. gossip.gif

I would hope it's just an error i was just joking about saying it was ment to be done.

Could certainly have been deliberate. I'm sure the boards will know soon enough.