• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Truly a shame that ebay does nothing...

21 posts in this topic

Rofl this one is funny

Response by rustysstarwars - SENT ITEM!!! LIER!!!GUY IS A PUNK!!!WHAT KIND OF GROWN MAN BUYS COMIC BOOKS??

What kind of "grown man" sells comic books? frown.gif

Brian

How come you are still around? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

...because I warn ebayers of your child molestations, sick perversions with Love comics, and your infactuation with Wonder Woman. 893whatthe.gif

Rofl this one is funny

Response by rustysstarwars - SENT ITEM!!! LIER!!!GUY IS A PUNK!!!WHAT KIND OF GROWN MAN BUYS COMIC BOOKS??

What kind of "grown man" sells comic books? frown.gif

Brian

Yes! That response is classic 27_laughing.gif

All of these negs and complaints and not even NARU'd? 893censored-thumb.gif

They suspended him for a couple of weeks but then let him back on. What I don't understand Rick is that people still bid on POS. 893frustrated.gif

In reference to the toronto police auction: If you read all their feedbacks,it is not all that bad. They are dealing with the gen. public and most people just don't understand as is auctions. I used to consult on liquidation auctions and you would not believe some of the complaints we would get. We once sold a 1956 Caddy that was burnt in a fire and then flooded while in a low lieing storage yard and the buyer sued us because he could not get car to start. Another tried to stop payment when around six packages of duct tape(out of 1500) were water damaged. One buyer bought some 250,000 baseball cards for less thah 1/10 of a penny each and then badmouthed us because their were no Superstars in lot. One buyer auctually won a case when a car he bought for $100 came with a blown transmission, even though it was sold as is with no keys.

In reference to the toronto police auction: If you read all their feedbacks,it is not all that bad. They are dealing with the gen. public and most people just don't understand as is auctions. I used to consult on liquidation auctions and you would not believe some of the complaints we would get. We once sold a 1956 Caddy that was burnt in a fire and then flooded while in a low lieing storage yard and the buyer sued us because he could not get car to start. Another tried to stop payment when around six packages of duct tape(out of 1500) were water damaged. One buyer bought some 250,000 baseball cards for less thah 1/10 of a penny each and then badmouthed us because their were no Superstars in lot. One buyer auctually won a case when a car he bought for $100 came with a blown transmission, even though it was sold as is with no keys.

ROFL. That's some funny [!@#%^&^]! 27_laughing.gif

The Toronto Police Auctions are being run by a company called Fairmarket. I have had some past dealings with this company. They are the ones who are mostly responsible for all the bad feedback as they are the people you deal with whenever you win an auction on ebay.

As for speedjunkies original post, the problem is that ebay allows reinstatement fairly easily. In some cases within days of an NARU. I think the wisest thing would be to enact some type of NARU icon-based profile (ie. some kind of NARU symbol right beside the sellers name -- or right beside the number representing the feedback rating). When you click the NARU symbol, you can see exactly how many times the seller has been NARU'd, and what the reasons were.

Introducing such an idea would help buyers determine for certain whether a certain seller has had problems in the past. With the current system ebay uses, its difficult to know whether a seller has ever been NARU'd. Although I've been NARU'd (my case was completely unwarranted, and ebay immediately removed the NARU'd and proceeded to not only NARU the ebay memeber, but was also suspended indefinitely for the false claim), I can see this being helpful in allowing new ebayers to decide whether they want to deal with a seller with a bad NARU history.

Wanna see something even more brutal? Check out the feedback on the following seller:

Toronto Police Auctions

These guys auction stuff on behalf of the Toronto Police! Yikes!

I love some of the quotes in their profile:

Praise: Good Bike But Probably could have ridden it from Ont to BC quicker than shipping

Neutral : Better detail req d. No mention of horrific odour in desc. - Shipping was ok

Praise : Excellent to deal with! - I hope someday to be confiscated myself

Neutral : Tried to chg $25 to ship 1lb item 10 blocks?! INSANE -Finally accomodated Pck-up

And these aren't even the negatives!... tongue.gif

Go here:

http://www.haus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=rustysstarwars&Dirn=Left+by

My personal favorites include:

Complaint: BOUGHT SOMETHING FROM 1970" AND DOSNT UNDERSTAND WHY IT DOSNT WORK

Neutral: ***WAY 2 PICKY!!!****

Response by dorod2 - may be I am but would not have payed that price for shape it was in

It is entertaining reading his "feedback about others"...

Seems that Mushroom has no life... smile.gif

I am on this forum. What do you reckon? insane.gif

Just goes to show that any insufficiently_thoughtful_person can get it right once.

I think that the bottom line for E-Bay is, and always will be... MONEY!!

As long as they can make a buck , E-Bay will look the other way, pretent that they care, tell you about their so called fraud department , slap your wrist and let individuals continue in their evil ways.They talk the talk, but sure don't walk the walk. And people still get ripped off !!

So what's the solution ? Is anybody else ready to step in and give E-Bay some real competition ? Do we stop using their service ? Do we file a class action suit against them ? Do we implement an insurance type program ? Do we pay more for their service for real protection ? Do we complain on mass ? Do we march in front of their offices ? Do we change the crappy feedback system ? Do we kick sellers off for X amount of bad feedback ? Do we change the payment to X % up front and the balance on a satisfactory transaction ? I don't know .

But as long as people continue to believe, or preceive to believe , that any transaction , be it on E-Bay or any other net service is safe ,and that the seller is an "honest,good person",then we will always have some degree of "Rip Off Action"

What do you members think ?

Anyway, until then , Buyer Beware

goodevil.gifgoodevil.gif

"why are you surprised, eBay still allows a certain platinum powerseller with private auctions and feedback to continually sell colour touched and trimmed books advertised to joe collectors as UNRESTORED."

It also allows certain sellers to use shill ID's to bid on their own auctions. And then when they win their own auctions, they leave themselves glowing feedback. Isn't that right supapimp???