• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

how does CGC handle autographs that are not certified

52 posts in this topic

I have a ASM #300 that was signed in '88 by T McFarlane and Stan Lee at a convention , but I have not gotten any certification. The signatures appear to be genuine. thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

89_1.JPGcloud9.gif

I have seen other certified books that make it a note, and not part of the signature series.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

any help in this area I'd like to cgc it ( shoould be between 9.0 and 9.2) acclaim.gif

WEBHEAD

They used to give give signed books pre SS a Qualified grade, but now they give it a Universal grade and note the signature as markings on the cover. Sometimes they will even drop a grade on the book.

i think they don't consider it a 'real' auto without certification.

i saw on another thread that you end up with a blue label and a note that those names are 'written' on the book.

won't give it the sig series treatment.

They used to give give signed books pre SS a Qualified grade, but now they give it a Universal grade and note the signature as markings on the cover. Sometimes they will even drop a grade on the book.

Unauthenticated cover signatures garner Green labels now & always have.

Unauthenticated interior signatures get Blue Labels with notations.

To the best of my knowledge, neither receive grade deductions.

I have never seen a Blue Label book with "cover markings" as a notation. confused-smiley-013.gif

Unauthenticated interior signatures get Blue Labels with notations.

To the best of my knowledge, neither receive grade deductions.

I have never seen a Blue Label book with "cover markings" as a notation. confused-smiley-013.gif

WTF do YOU know about books with sigs? poke2.gif

Ze- shy.gif

They used to give give signed books pre SS a Qualified grade, but now they give it a Universal grade and note the signature as markings on the cover.

I think that's backwards, unless CGC changed gears *again*.

Pre-SS it woudl get Universal for a cover signature, but post-SS, due them wanting business to flow their way, the same book received a dreaded Qualified label.

Pre-SS, they got a Universal, but once CGC changed the business model to authenticated sigs.... devil.gif

Not so. Pre-SS I received a green lable for a cover sig.

Seems hardly fair to have a qualified for a valid signiature. When you go to the CONS, do we need to get it notarized?

frustrated.gif893censored-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif

yikes

thanks for the feedback, maybe i'll just keep it in mylar

WEBHEAD

Seems hardly fair to have a qualified for a valid signiature. When you go to the CONS, do we need to get it notarized?

frustrated.gif893censored-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif

yikes

thanks for the feedback, maybe i'll just keep it in mylar

WEBHEAD

I don't why that seems unfair? CGC or a CGC approved witness did not see the signing so why should they say that it is a true signature?

I don't why that seems unfair? CGC or a CGC approved witness did not see the signing so why should they say that it is a true signature?

Huh? No one asking for a Signature Series label, just not a Qualified.

Here's an example: Some kid writes his name on the cover (Winnipeg pedigree for example) and it's a Universal, yet if Stan Lee puts his name on it, it's a Qualified. In fact, the only time it gets a Qualified is if the book was signed by a pro.

Seems rather strange, no?