• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paratrooper covers RUN

1,682 posts in this topic

The two Wings Comics (16 & 21) are beauties! And under guide...what a deal.

Oh man, if I knew most of the Wings books would go for as much as these two, I would have snagged up a bunch more. But these were the nicest of them all.

The two Wings Comics (16 & 21) are beauties! And under guide...what a deal.

Oh man, if I knew most of the Wings books would go for as much as these two, I would have snagged up a bunch more. But these were the nicest of them all.

Don't you hate those woulda, coulda, shouldas after an auction?

At least you got the two.

A few more in today:

Thanks to not much activity on the most recent Hake's Auction, I picked up these two for a little under guide:

Wings Comics #16 CGC 8.0

WingsComics16CGC80.jpg

Beautiful Gene Fawcette cover. He would not have been my choice as the first artist to vote off the list in the General Forum.

drunk ebaying pays off again. This book was not on my list, it's a 1941 Double Comics. Now I did have this title on my list but apparently "Double Comics" 1941 issues had at least two paratrooper covers. I figure this one was a steal at $200, considering that there's a Shock Gibson, Daredevil vs. The Claw, Silver Streak and a bunch of other GA stories.

Double Comics 1941

DoubleComics1941back.jpg

Trooper

I have to admit - I initially thought the idea of collecting a single theme like "paratrooper" covers was a bit too narrowly focused - but you must have one of the more esoteric collections on the boards by now. Nice pickup!

Trooper

I have to admit - I initially thought the idea of collecting a single theme like "paratrooper" covers was a bit too narrowly focused - but you must have one of the more esoteric collections on the boards by now. Nice pickup!

I had my doubts at first too, but you never know where a trooper will show up. Timely aka West just pointed out another book Nutty Comics #4 that fits into my collection. Pretty cool. Another good thing about this is that if I ever finish this and decide to go into another collecting focus, a lot of these books might fit into that as well (for instance if I wanted to collect all Heath books or Grandenetti or Shot in the head covers) The possiblities are endless.

Trooper

I had my doubts at first too, but you never know where a trooper will show up. Timely aka West just pointed out another book Nutty Comics #4 that fits into my collection. Pretty cool. Another good thing about this is that if I ever finish this and decide to go into another collecting focus, a lot of these books might fit into that as well (for instance if I wanted to collect all Heath books or Grandenetti or Shot in the head covers) The possiblities are endless.

I was going to say Boot to the head covers, but if you have all the trooper books, you probably have all those, too.