• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paratrooper covers RUN

1,682 posts in this topic

Just need the #40 to finish the trooper run in the MMC title. I've seen a bunch of #40's floating around recently, shouldn't be too hard to snag one.
lol

Oh, nvm I need #32 & #40. Oh, well. This collection won't be finished anytime soon anyhow.

Paratrooper, I am absolutely amazed by your collection! I have enjoyed looking at this thread - it's cool seeing which title shows up next.

I would never had thought that there were this many paratrooper covers across so many titles! I thought you would have been restricted to just war books with only a few superhero issues, but this theme runs across a lot of genres. Can't imagine you have many horror or romance titles.

Since this thread is in the Golden Age forum, GA books are the bulk of your collection with the WWII influence. However, what's the Silver Age , Bronze Age contribution to your collection? Surely Copper and Moderns can't be much of the collection?

Thanks for the compliment! Glad there are new member enjoying this as much as I. And Golden age books are the bulk of this collection with SA being a close second. There are very few bronze and copper books, and even fewer being moderns. I have a large list of books I've identified, and so far managed only to aquire half of that list. So over time this thread will grow. You will even see more horror and superhero books. Jumbo Comics #166 features a dead trooper appearing for instance.

Just keep your eye peeled and watch out for new books!

(thumbs u

As a new-old collector, prioritizing and limiting what to collect is the hardest part of this hobby (and passing on EC's offered at reasonable prices). Great job on finding a very creative way to achieve this - it's original!

List? Can't believe Overstreet helps much with that. :grin:

I'm just wondering how a book from 1948 maintains white pages. What kind of climate does it need to be in?

Not central Ohio (at least not before air conditioning was common place) - I know from experience. ;)

Modern Comics #73 CGC 8.5 (highest graded)

ModernComics73CGC85.jpg

Great Book.

I'm just wondering how a book from 1948 maintains white pages. What kind of climate does it need to be in?

Cold.

That is an extremely fresh copy -- and a terrific Reed Crandall paratrooper cover. It doesn't get much better. (thumbs u

Thanks to Comicjunkie for not only ID'ing yet another Trooper book I overlooked, but sending it FREE. Thanks!

Adventure! With The Brothers #1 (1988)

AdventuresWiththeBrothers1.jpg

These guys don't look like brothers but then again I don't see color.