• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paratrooper covers RUN

1,682 posts in this topic

The Poo Pond usually smells at its worst during this time. I don't know what they do, but damn! The smell is raunchy, the sad thing is...I'm getting kinda used to it, should prepare me when I visit London or New York though.

:roflmao: Too true! (On NYC, at least... I've never been to London.)

But seriously, thanks for everything you're doing, Vaughn. I spend my day at a desk doing frivolity and screwing around with my co-workers, so when I read an account of your day (rocket attacks!) I can't help but be humbled. You're doing something important here that means something in the grand scheme of life, and you should be commended for it. Thanks again.

Would you mind sharing again with ignorant bluenuts like myself who don't know where to send care packages or what's needed by you and your guys? Can't hurt, right? :)

Take care of yourself!

Alan

Here's a link to a thread for Vaugh. Page 4 at my settings detail prohibited items.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3890807&fpart=1

Sorry it's been awhile, but I was away on mission which will happen more often now that I'm an S3.

Here's some good news: it's been relatively cool out here, only in the low 100's.

Bad news: it's because all the dust is blocking the sun. When visibility is low due to the dust/dirt in the air, the Taliban like to attack. We've had a lot of rocket attacks lately, fun stuff. Those primitives usually miss though, our post is several square miles and yet they still miss. I still wonder how much of this dust/dirt I'm breathing in, and with the Poo Pond right next to us....It does me no good to dwell on this.

I'm my emails seem disjointed and doesn't flow, it's due to the fact that I type as I have free time. An email this size usually takes me 12 hours to complete. As I wrote that sentence I've gotten 3 emails in that I have to respond to. I HATE EMAIL. What did the military do before the invention of the computer? Of course I also wouldn't be able to contact you as often....wait I STILL HATE EMAIL...I'm kidding of course.

Another bit of good news, it's been 16 days now and I'm tobacco free. Except with the occasional Cigar, but those don't count. My boss has OPD's and us officers smoke cigars and hang out talking about things that really can't be repeated due to sensitive eyes that might be reading this. My exzema is also clearing up, I think it's due to the sun and lack of booze.....god I can't wait for R&R (23 September btw).

I can't believe it's only been a little over 4 months since I deployed, seems a hell of a lot longer! I'm making a promise to myself to take 2 days off a month, I tried it once and all day all I could think of was what was I missing at work and what do I still need to do. Drives me crazy, probably why I've only taken 1 day off since I got here.

Just got back from another meeting and forgot what I was going to write next. I think it was something about my latest project which is to Synchronize HRC/STB/BDE TID/HROB and conduct centralized planning for a multi-modal mail distribution system. Or my project to plan for the expansion of the Eagle Cash Card program to facilitate the Finance initiative to create a cashless battlefield ISO of COIN. Or maybe talk about...can't say that one. But I've been busy and multi-tasking like crazy. I'm starving, may go to get something to eat after this next meeting which is being hosted on ADOBE BREEZE...I love those types of meetings, I can sit back and type emails while listening to the meeting on my computer...if the weather doesn't interfere with my satellite connection that is.

:( can't see the pictures, blocked here.

Borock was able to get Heritage to send me a Catalog for the August Auction.....lot's of Paratrooper books in this one! Lot's of expensive ones, I'll get a proxy bidder to win me one.

These are Disney 1990s. Donald Duck Adv 37 where he's spinning in space with a burning shoot. Second is Scrooge 258 where he's hung by his shoot upside down in the swamp above an alligator. Published by Disney and not Gladstone.

Ed

I don't think I have those! Yay, two more added to the list. At least they're not expensive ones! Two super expensive Paratrooper books are listed in this next Heritage auction, one which slightly tempted me to sell my whole collection just to take a shot at it! I think it's the MMC Annual, how much do you think that one will sell for?

Isn't there one of those floating around on ebay with no back cover for like $25,000.

And I thought Action 2 was the grail? Did you pick up the "cover and superman story only" issue offered a while back?

Just got another two packages in! With a krapload of comic TPB (perfect) and DVD's. I don't know if the boardies want to be known, but thank you! My roomate read all Y: The Last Man trades in one night! I think he's hooked now. I'm going to see if he likes Northlanders next.

I gave some of the other comics (non-trades) that I received to the three interpreters we just got in. They said they would give it to their kids, will help them learn english.

Haven't had time to update this thread in awhile...I've been buying like crazy, and here's what I've purchased while deployed:

Canadian War Heroes v1/6 1943 FR (xerox cvr)

Dinosaurs Attack 1 1991 VF/NM

Fight Comics 16 1941 CGC 9.0 Rockford

Fight Comics 22 1942 CGC 9.4 Mile High

Fighting Aces of War Skies: WINGS Oct-49 1948 VG

Heroic Comics 50 1948 CGC 9.2

Our Army At War 177 1967 FN/VF

PEP Comics 38 1943 FR/GD

Strange Worlds 20 1955 VF Bethlehem

Sub-Mariner Comics 6 1942 CGC 2.5

True Comics 22 1943 FN Crippen

True Comics 30 1943 FN+ Crippen

True Comics 33 1944 VF Crippen

True Comics 49 1946 VF- Crippen

USA Comics 7 1943 CGC 2.5 ®

War Heroes 9 1964 GD/VG

Wonderworld Comics 9 1940 FR/PR

Haven't had time to update this thread in awhile...I've been buying like crazy, and here's what I've purchased while deployed:

PEP Comics 38 1943 FR/GD

War Heroes 9 1964 GD/VG

Wow, you've been busy! :applause:

PEP Comics 38 1943 FR/GD

War Heroes 9 1964 GD/VG

Wow, you've been busy! :applause:

Yea..... shouldn't you be shooting guns and blowing stuff up .....or something ??