• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paratrooper covers RUN

1,682 posts in this topic

Now this next one I've promised to buy from Comicdey a very long time ago....posted earlier in my thread. Not a trooper book, but paratrooping beer kegs!!! (the real story can be found if you've read my thread(

American Library: Wingate's Raiders #6

AmericanLibrary6.jpg

This next one I had to buy really quick to prepare it for shipment to CW for signature at the San Diego Con, having it signed and CGC SS'd by Lily Renee.

I already own a copy of this book, but in very low grade, had to buy a HG one to warrant the cost for grading as a CGC SS. This was advertised as VF+

It's also a Crippen "D" ped...or collection if you prefer

Fight Comics #42 cloud9.gif

FightComics42a.jpg

The next item, I've owned for years. Just thought I'd post it, as it's trooper related. Still doing a background check to its historical signifigance.

Hammond: Invasion Maps of all Theatres of War (no year printed and larger than the pics I am showing, I will give updates to this piece when I know more).

HammondInvasionMap.jpg

HammondInvasionMapback.jpg

HammondInvasionMapInterior.jpg

Other oddball Paratrooper books are

Godzilla #1 (you probably have that one)

Indiana Jones 28 (Classic midair failed canopy rescue cover - its pretty good for Pollard)

Bizarre Adventures 20 (Magazine)

This next one I had to buy really quick to prepare it for shipment to CW for signature at the San Diego Con, having it signed and CGC SS'd by Lily Renee.

I already own a copy of this book, but in very low grade, had to buy a HG one to warrant the cost for grading as a CGC SS. This was advertised as VF+

FightComics42a.jpg

I had that one on my watch list to snag...so great pick up.....send me your beater copy just for grins. makepoint.gif

Now this next one I've promised to buy from Comicdey a very long time ago....posted earlier in my thread. Not a trooper book, but paratrooping beer kegs!!! (the real story can be found if you've read my thread(

American Library: Wingate's Raiders #6

AmericanLibrary6.jpg

Cool book Trooper and David Wingate's campaign in Burma was incredible. thumbsup2.gif

Other oddball Paratrooper books are

Godzilla #1 (you probably have that one)

Indiana Jones 28 (Classic midair failed canopy rescue cover - its pretty good for Pollard)

Bizarre Adventures 20 (Magazine)

Excellent, wasn't even tracking the Indiana Jones nor the Bizarre Adventures. Both put on my want list. gossip.gif and I haven't found time to pick up the Godzilla yet, but I will eventually.

FightComics42a.jpg

I had that one on my watch list to snag...so great pick up.....send me your beater copy just for grins. makepoint.gif

The seller actually told me that there was another ebay buyer who emailed him about this book after I hit the BIN. They offered him $250 for it, was that you? And this book looks gorgeous in person by the way devil.gif

The next item, I have no clue what it is. It's published by Rand McNally and it's publishing date is 1942, this copy is a third printing from Sep. 1942. The interior stories are kinda like mini comic strips. Periodically I'll post interior shots in this thread. Pretty neat.....and it was free.

PrivateBregornn.jpg