• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you ever read raw pedigree comics?

36 posts in this topic

Hey Joe, good point about CGC handling them/still getting a 10.0, are you or anyone aware of what precautions CGC actually takes when grading big $$$ books?

Pizza and drinks must always be accompanied by at least two napkins.

For me, the old stuff doesn't really stand up well. None of it is as good a read as something like Runaways, Ultimates, Ennis' Punisher, Fables or Goon. I'm still quite behind on my modern reading as it is.

I like looking back to the days when comics were written for smart kids, instead of stupid adults.

For me, the old stuff doesn't really stand up well. None of it is as good a read as something like Runaways, Ultimates, Ennis' Punisher, Fables or Goon. I'm still quite behind on my modern reading as it is.

I like looking back to the days when comics were written for smart kids, instead of stupid adults.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Very profound...... thumbsup2.gif

Bump

I`ve read every raw pedigree that I`ve ever owned, and got 9.6s and 9.8s on some of them after submitting them to CGC. If you know what you`re doing, reading a HG book isn`t a problem or dangerous. confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm not saying you can't read a book safely. But why take the un needed risk? confused-smiley-013.gif

I`ve read every raw pedigree that I`ve ever owned, and got 9.6s and 9.8s on some of them after submitting them to CGC. If you know what you`re doing, reading a HG book isn`t a problem or dangerous. confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm not saying you can't read a book safely. But why take the un needed risk? confused-smiley-013.gif

These guys will never para outta a plane, bungee off a bridge, OD on diesel and coke, race a Ferrari at 200mph ... hey, even geeks need their adrenaline rush!

I have a beautifull TOS ped but am too afraid to handle it much.

Do you guys ever read your HG books or only reader copies? If so, do you take any special precautions?

It seems a waste not to enjoy, but I don't want to harm it either.

I read the Rockford Detective #27! Does that count?

sign-funnypost.gif

sleeping.gif

Broken record. As so so ignorant.

893whatthe.gif Go back to the Gold Comics Fourm. insane.gif I would prefer to read a low grade copy, reprint, Marvel Masterwork etc. when available. Good advice above about putting book in larger hardback book.

I think it comes down to a difference in perspective. I look at comics as something to be read and enjoyed. You seem to be looking at them as a monetary investment...

Jim

I think it comes down to a difference in perspective. I look at comics as something to be read and enjoyed. You seem to be looking at them as a monetary investment...

Jim

My perspective is you can have your cake and eat it too - comics are both an investment and entertainment. If you exercise a little common sense and are careful, you can have it all.thumbsup2.gif

893whatthe.gif Go back to the Gold Comics Fourm. insane.gif I would prefer to read a low grade copy, reprint, Marvel Masterwork etc. when available. Good advice above about putting book in larger hardback book.

Hey it wasn't mine! I did wipe my nose on one of the back pages when the owner wasn't looking.... insane.gif