• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Ultimate CGC Game !!!

72 posts in this topic

So, does anybody want to play my frigging game or not? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

OK.....you go first! 893blahblah.gif

I can't.....I have to stay here and answer any questions the contestants might have about the rules during their travels. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif

hey bugaboo_collector Ive alreday driven to Indiana, built my temple and am two states home so Im gonna win dammit!!! what do I win?

As long as you have the pictures to prove it as stated in the rules, you'll win an official "Market Crash" t-shirt. It comes complete with my butt-print on the back of it. And if you think it's easy to dip your butt in ink and then sit on a shirt without smearing the arse image......well, think again.

I have two questions.

What does this game have to do with the CGC crash?

And have you forced all your co-workers to play first?

First answer: When contestants are driving their books cross country, they will most likely be hi-jacked by the comic pirates that Chuck R. seems to think are trolling our highways in search of them. This will then get on the news and these dasterdly pirates will scare all the specs into dumping their books before they too are robbed. That will only serve to bring about the inevitable crash more quickly. It's all in my manifesto entitled: "Dr. Evil's complete guide to bringing about a graded comic market crash".

Second answer: Every single person I work with has played this game and they all agree unanymously that it's the best game they've ever played.

justiceleaguefiend,

I hope we didn't offend you with our kidding around in this thread. A game of "see who can locate a raw copy and have it grade the highest" doesn't sound like a bad idea. However, maybe a more simple, less costly, and less time consuming one might work out better. It would be hard to keep people interested if it was costing them money to slab and then destroy those slabs while taking several months (years?) to finish the game while possibly having to repeat the cycle in the event of ties.

How about something more simple? Perhaps a non-key book chosen at random by a neutral party. All those playing then have a specific amount of time to post a picture of their entry in raw form. Then they have a specific date to come back in here and post a picture if it after grading (with visible and readable CGC serial number for verification of slabbing date). In the event of a grade tie, then the whiter pages win. If it's still a tie, then the winner can be drawn at random from those remaining (ala Gemma style in our trivia on the board).

Winner of the game wins all the copies of that graded book from the other contestants.......or 10 bucks from each of them......or something simple like that.

Anyway, those are just my thoughts on your idea. It wasn't a bad idea.....just seemed like it might be a little too time consuming and complex to keep the people on this board interested. You know how fickle they can be. insane.gif

justiceleaguefiend,

I hope we didn't offend you with our kidding around in this thread. A game of "see who can locate a raw copy and have it grade the highest" doesn't sound like a bad idea. However, maybe a more simple, less costly, and less time consuming one might work out better. It would be hard to keep people interested if it was costing them money to slab and then destroy those slabs while taking several months (years?) to finish the game while possibly having to repeat the cycle in the event of ties.

How about something more simple? Perhaps a non-key book chosen at random by a neutral party. All those playing then have a specific amount of time to post a picture of their entry in raw form. Then they have a specific date to come back in here and post a picture if it after grading (with visible and readable CGC serial number for verification of slabbing date). In the event of a grade tie, then the whiter pages win. If it's still a tie, then the winner can be drawn at random from those remaining (ala Gemma style in our trivia on the board).

Winner of the game wins all the copies of that graded book from the other contestants.......or 10 buck from each of them......or something simple like that.

Anyway, those are just my thoughts on your idea. It wasn't a bad idea.....just seemed like it might be a little too time consuming and complex to keep the people on this board interested. You know how fickle they can be. insane.gif

WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAPPENED TO BUGABOO/JOE? 893whatthe.gif

WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAPPENED TO BUGABOO/JOE? 893whatthe.gif

LMAO 27_laughing.gif

Good question.......if I could just get the alien anal probe out of my butt (or is that greggy?)......maybe their control over me will fade and I can return to normal.

Actually, I just thought that JLF might not have realized we were kidding arouond since he hasn't posted in this thread again. It seemed like he put some thought into coming up with something fun and competitive for the board members to do, so I just wanted to make sure everything was still kool and the gang with him. crazy.gif

It's not a bad idea for a competition......probably just needs to be tweaked and simplified. dunno.gif

I now return you to my usual negative posting. insane.gif

Actually used to play a similar game at the old Dallas Fantasy Fairs...

Dealers used to get together and pick a Golden Age book at random, then see who could find the nicest copy before the show ended...

Of course that was back when there were Golden Age comics at the Dallas Fantasy Fair...

Of course that was back when there were Dallas Fantasy Fairs...

Actually, I just thought that JLF might not have realized we were kidding arouond since he hasn't posted in this thread again. It seemed like he put some thought into coming up with something fun and competitive for the board members to do, so I just wanted to make sure everything was still kool and the gang with him. crazy.gif

It's not a bad idea for a competition......probably just needs to be tweaked and simplified. dunno.gif

I now return you to my usual negative posting. insane.gif

WOW.....i never realized id actually get any responses to my post. I havent got around to checking the boards since yesterday afternoon so the reason i wasnt responding wasnt because i was upset. I said at the end of my post that i welcome positive and negative responses. I realized that some of my ideas were a bit over the top, and some of your ideas sound pretty cool for tweaking the game. Oh, and by the way......Bugaboo, you are one hilarious mother f'er, i almost pissed my pants at your version. Later cool.gif

I've got a better idea for this game. First, everyone who wants to participate must gather up every book they have in their collection and load it into their car (or truck, depending on how many books you have). Then, you must drive your collection at least 3 states away from where they are currently being stored. Once you arrive, you then build a stone temple in the shape of a pyramid. This temple must have a base that is exactly 9 square feet, and it must be precisely 9 feet tall at the point. You must then park your vehicle precisely 3 miles away from this temple and then make your way back to it while crawling on your hands and knees. Then, climb to the top of the temple, punch yourself in the nuts, and scream as loudly as you can, "I'm a person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point for playing this game". Once you have accomplished this feat, walk back to your vehicle, drive back home, and put your comic collection back where it belongs. The first one to do this and come in here and post pictures of it, is declared a pathetic loser. The others must then drive back to their stone temple pyramid, destroy it, and take pictures to post for proof of its destruction. In the event of a tie where two or more people accomplish this feat and post their proof at the same time, then they must all drive 4 states away for round two and do the same thing. If, again, there is a tie, then those remaining will have to drive 5 states away for the third round, and so on. Good luck to all.

The entries are in (I only received one)......sigh......Greggy wins again. confused-smiley-013.gif

235570-PyramidContest.jpg

235570-PyramidContest.jpg.9d91073481c7cbc0534512ee6f759921.jpg

Well, I've heard a lot of complaints that the Boards just haven't been all that interesting lately...so, allow me to *BUMP* one of, if not *THE* best thread the Boards have ever seen! Re-read it and roll all over the floor laughing again... 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Gene

Oh my god, this post is going to haunt me for the rest of my life. I suddenly feel like one of those politicians who have that one skeleton hiding in their closet that never goes away. Tell me guys, am i ever going to live this post down? foreheadslap.gif

PS: Would somebody please insert one of those hiroshima bomb explosions onto this thread. Thanx.

***BUMP***

In honor of the dearly departed (to some, anyway) Bugaboo, here's his best contribution to the Boards ever. And, because JusticeLeagueFiend dared me to bump this!!! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Gene

You know what, im getting tired of having to defend myself over this idea time and time again. It was an idea that may have been a bit extreme that needed some tweeking, but to be honest, i thought it would of been a fun thing to attempt. Whatever the case, its probably a better idea than youve ever come up with. cool.gif