• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So what's the buzz on Valiant?

68 posts in this topic

What do you think of the raw "ebay NM" vs the slabbed 9.4. Which is more valuable? The raw went for $183, but my vote is that the slabbed 9.4 would be more valuable. Guess I just don't trust ebayers grading comics "NM" when posted with low-res pics instead of scans, and even then only the FC and not the BC.

Does anyone know the buyer of that ebay NM copy? Wonder what grade it really was... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I wouldn't be surprised to see a CGC 9.4 on Predator vs Magnus TPB sell for $150,

but I don't know how much higher it might go.

It's weird that the raw copy sold for $183, even though it looked less than 9.4 condition.

For some reason, modern books regularly sell higher raw than CGC 9.4, probably because

the buyer would rather "hope" their raw copy is 9.6+ than "know" their graded copy is 9.4.

I fear that many raw buyers are deluding themselves... but it's their gamble.

What books are on your buy them now valiant list. Thanks

I always buy Harbinger 0 Pink, Harbinger 1, Magnus 0, Unity 0 Red, Chaos Effect Alpha Red,

when I see them for $10 or less... any (complete) condition.

Doesn't happen very often... but when it does, I "buy them now".

I'll pay more for these books in higher condition... CGC graded I like to pay under GPA.

I'd imagine you don't pass up cheap EW 27 VVSS issues either wink.gif

Btw, great thread.