• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A "hard to grade" amazing spider-man #100

17 posts in this topic

Structurally a high grade book, no spine stress line, an easy 9.0/9.2 but...

yes unfortunately, but, there's a lot of blue ink on the spine + a very very slight subscription crease.

Pages are white.

The back cover looks dirty but it's not as much as on the pic.

asm10100.jpg

asm10100b.jpg

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Maybe the "real" answer is higher than this, but personally I'd have a hard time calling this book better than 4.5/5.0 unless you use a qualified grade. The blue ink hurts the eye appeal much worse than structural damage IMO. confused-smiley-013.gif

"hard to grade"

your not kidding

That is a lot of printers ink... and i really can't make out the subscription crease, but my eyes just turned 44 y.o.... foreheadslap.gif

I'll defer to the many, many experts on this board...

Maybe the "real" answer is higher than this, but personally I'd have a hard time calling this book better than 4.5/5.0 unless you use a qualified grade. The blue ink hurts the eye appeal much worse than structural damage IMO. confused-smiley-013.gif

I pretty much agree

It's funny..I have an ASM 102 that has distributer's ink slapped on very similar to this...like they used a 4" paint brush... 893whatthe.gif

Distributer's ink is often given something of a pass, but it can't be ignored when it's this overdone...

Yes, structurally it's high grade, but strictly spreaking with this much staining, it can't be higher than a 5.5.

but, there's a lot of blue ink on the spine + a very very slight subscription crease.

Isn't that impossible, and the bend must be storage-related.

I missed that part (since this is an obvious warehouse/distro copy) when I gave it the grade.

I pretty much agree

sumo.gifsumo.gif

but, there's a lot of blue ink on the spine + a very very slight subscription crease.

Isn't that impossible, and the bend must be storage-related.

One senses a certain juxtaposition of defects . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thanks for all the opinions.

And JC can be right, maybe this is not a subscription crease. In fact it looks like the book was slightly folded, no crease that break the color on it.

So i'm going to press it and put more blue ink to sell it at an insane price as a scarce blue variant cover insane.gif