• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question About Planet Hulk...

39 posts in this topic

I almost bought the back issues today at the store. But they guy wanted $4 for each issue and I didnt feel like spending that much today. I was looking at some of the art and I think Hulk looks cool wearing armor and wielding an axe.

"Timmy, do you like to watch gladiator movies?"

"Timmy, do you like to watch gladiator movies?"

sign-funnypost.gif27_laughing.gif

Damn, Airplane was funny!!! Anyway, Planet Hulk has been the best story done so far during this run of the Hulk in my opinion. You can probably skip the Illumaniti issue and the though Giant Hulk #1 had a couple of good stories and a reprint of Hulk: The End, its not that essential to the over all story. The Planet Hulk: Gladiator Handbook is good if you want to read up about the story and all the background info of the planet, solar system, and different races, but again, not really necessary to enjoy the story. thumbsup2.gif

hm

My LCS was cover for the Hulk issues.

He was however missing some. 91, and one other.

I didn't check for 88-90 though.

And no I didn't buy em yet, heck I think I will sit down and read them next time I am at the LCS.

foreheadslap.gif is your LCS barnes and noble?

hm

My LCS was cover for the Hulk issues.

He was however missing some. 91, and one other.

I didn't check for 88-90 though.

And no I didn't buy em yet, heck I think I will sit down and read them next time I am at the LCS.

foreheadslap.gif is your LCS barnes and noble?

Hey now, I work at Barnes & Noble! It's a second job for me that pays for my comics.

So I chased down the first six issues over the last couple days, looking for something new to read. I must say that the writing is very mediocre, and the art not much better, but the overall premise is intriguing enough to wade through it. One thing it doesn't suffer from is lack of speed in moving from one plot point to the next, although the characterization is muddy and some dialogue plain bad. The artist isn't very smooth in his transitions, and his shot selection and scene composition could be much improved. Too bad Ladronn isn't doing more than the covers. But again, the Hulk as the planet's prophesied hero, the modern, alien Spartacus, is pretty cool. And I can see lots of jumping-off points for future stories.

I did like the reference to Thor's JIM 83 first app in #94. Kinda funny.

I'm not really a Hulk fan but a friend of mine mentioned the Planet Hulk storyline and I've been hooked since. I'm missing the Illuminati, issue 92 and the Giant Size Hulk, but I've got the other issues and they absolutely rock. hail.gif

I'm not really a Hulk fan but a friend of mine mentioned the Planet Hulk storyline and I've been hooked since. I'm missing the Illuminati, issue 92 and the Giant Size Hulk, but I've got the other issues and they absolutely rock. hail.gif

I agree with all your posts today. I think I am in love cloud9.gif

By the way - I have a page of OA from Hulk #92 on its way. Its the page where Hulk first enters the Arena (its also the first time you see the King and his minions). I'll post it when it arrives.

Who's the artist on the book? Sounds like an interesting concept, might have to pick up the TPB when it comes out. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

By the way - I have a page of OA from Hulk #92 on its way. Its the page where Hulk first enters the Arena (its also the first time you see the King and his minions). I'll post it when it arrives.

I got piece and I finally got it scanned. Here is p. 9 from Hulk #92 - the first time Hulk enters the arena!

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece...at=0&UCat=0

I got piece and I finally got it scanned. Here is p. 9 from Hulk #92 - the first time Hulk enters the arena!

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece...at=0&UCat=0

893applaud-thumb.gif

So in the latest issue of the Planet Hulk storyline it looks as though Hulk could have a child on the way! The issue also shows Hulk building up his anger to go back to Earth for some sweet payback! thumbsup2.gif

I sort of wish I started reading this series. Now I can't find the early issues anyplace (except for Ebay)

I just finished up through 102 courtesy of my local library. While I liked it (a lot), it read very quickly IMHO.

Your local library has new comics????

thumbsup2.gif

Not all of them... Avengers, Hulk, Fantastic Four, Superman, Batman, Action, some random others.

They also get Archives (tho' no Masterworks), Essentials, Showcase, and a huge amount of indy stuff.