• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question About Planet Hulk...

39 posts in this topic

Well I been seeing this out for a long time, from what I know Hulk is no longer on Earth, which is why it's Called Planet Hulk yes?

Well I want to know, it's been looking good, Can anyone give me details on the whole Planet hulk story, when it first started and if it's worth picking up??

I don't like hulk much, but if this is a good read and everyone can give me some details on it, I might pick it up.

I been thinking of picking up the latest daredevil too.

From Wiki (spoiler alert):

In the 2006 storyline "Planet Hulk" by Greg Pak, after the Hulk destroys much of Las Vegas, a secret group of superheroes traps the Hulk and rockets him into space to live a peaceful existence on a planet uninhabited by intelligent life. After a trajectory malfunction, the Hulk travels through a wormhole and crashes on the violent planet Sakaar. Weakened by his journey through the wormhole, the Hulk is sold as a slave. In a gladiatorial arena, he makes a deadly enemy when he scars the emperor's face. The Hulk overcomes great odds to become a gladiator, a rebel leader, and a conqueror.

Can anyone give me details on the whole Planet hulk story

The Hulk, Punisher, and Spidey all went in on a restaurant chain.

The prices are steep and the Hulk burger is WAY overrated! poke2.gif

Seriously the story is pretty good so far as the Hulk becomes a Gladiator on a warlike planet and is looked at as becoming the planet's savior (the Sakaarson).

A role he has no interest in so far...

Can anyone give me details on the whole Planet hulk story

The Hulk, Punisher, and Spidey all went in on a restaurant chain.

The prices are steep and the Hulk burger is WAY overrated! poke2.gif

Seriously the story is pretty good so far as the Hulk becomes a Gladiator on a warlike planet and is looked at as becoming the planet's savior (the Sakaarson).

A role he has no interest in so far...

And he's got a great supporting cast (who were formerly slaves/gladiators with him - one is a Brood directly tied to the Smith/Claremont X-men run - you can actually find him/her in a panel in the back issue) that are now roving the planet looking for the King.

I think Illuminati #1 re-capped Hulk's send off pretty well. I didn't think the Hulk lead-up issues were that good, so maybe Illuminati #1 is the better buy.

Pat

That's a good point - I thought about putting Illuminati #1, but that too is re-capped in Hulk #92.

How much is Illumnati #1 going for in your respective areas? Its been somewhat hard to find here.

Heck, if it's recapped in Hulk 92, just go with the 4 Planet Hulk issues!

The Illuminati cost question is a good one. I'm going tomorrow so I'll see if any are available. It may be sold out (hadn't really thought about it being hot).

Pat

By the way - I have a page of OA from Hulk #92 on its way. Its the page where Hulk first enters the Arena (its also the first time you see the King and his minions). I'll post it when it arrives.

Nice! Please do post a scan when it arrives thumbsup2.gif

Heck, if it's recapped in Hulk 92, just go with the 4 Planet Hulk issues!

The Illuminati cost question is a good one. I'm going tomorrow so I'll see if any are available. It may be sold out (hadn't really thought about it being hot).

Pat

There's more thna four Planet Hulk issues (I think there are six definite issues (in four issue story arcs)) and then the four prequels (which are pretty much wrapped up as you said, along with Illuminati, in the first three pages of Hulk #92), and the story from giant size hulk.

This site has a scan of Marvel's Planet Hulk- Postcard/Checklist they distributed earlier this year. It also has a really good interviews with Pak/Lopresti/Quesdada/Paniccia on Planet Hulk.

http://www.incrediblehulk.com/phpostcard.html

giant size hulk #1 is great!

anyone else pick it up. i never see it anywhere though.

feels like an old school giant size.

thumbsup2.gif

Marvel may be making some questionable calls with their flagships, but they still give you hope when they release gems like this, DD, Runaways, etc. grin.gif