• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - Sub Mariner Comics #36

56 posts in this topic

Just to summarize the history on this book:

- Bought raw for $1,000, listed as an 8.88888+++.

- Had it graded, came back as a CGC 7.0.

- PM'd Metro to just ask about their feedback on the grade as their was some rat chew noticed on the book, no repsonse at all.

- Was sick of the whole transaction so I decided to list it on EBay with a best offer option.

- Received a $600 bid and because I wanted to purge muself of this book accepted it. Didn't relaize until I sent the invoice that the buyer was actually Metro.

- Few weeks late the book appears to be back on the website, cracked out of the slabb and now listed as an 8.0 and for $800.

Strange. Why would Metro want to rebuy the book?! For a colossal company like them, a $200 return doesn't seem all that much.

It's got to be the satisfaction of 893censored-thumb.gif the little guy on this one. cloud9.gif

It totally appear that way. Ugh. After reading this, I don't think I ever want to deal with Metro. At first, I felt reluctant because they overprice their goods, but now it's an absolute no, no.

I just don't get why a big company like Metro would muss the guy over for $200 and it ticks me off. makepoint.gif I'm done here as this whole deal just stinks. sumo.gif

Wait, come to think of it... in the end, Metro is going to make more than $200 on Sub Comics #36, right? They made a few bucks the first go-around. Add $200 to that. This could become a recurring cycle.

I just don't get why a big company like Metro would muss the guy over for $200 and it ticks me off. makepoint.gif I'm done here as this whole deal just stinks. sumo.gif

Wait, come to think of it... in the end, Metro is going to make more than $200 on Sub Comics #36, right? They made a few bucks the first go-around. Add $200 to that. This could become a recurring cycle.

this just sucks................

Metro made "X" when they sold it raw and overgraded for $1000.

then they stand to make another $200 if they can sell it for the listed $800....... despite the fact that CGC has already graded it as a 7.0 and they're relisting it as an 8.0. (not that this is illegal or anything, as no one has to agree to the CGC grade).

still.....................i'm surprised..................no, disappointed blush.gif

this just sucks................

Metro made "X" when they sold it raw and overgraded for $1000.

then they stand to make another $200 if they can sell it for the listed $800....... despite the fact that CGC has already graded it as a 7.0 and they're relisting it as an 8.0. (not that this is illegal or anything, as no one has to agree to the CGC grade).

still.....................i'm surprised..................no, disappointed blush.gif

You have a way with words..understated as they may be.....I wish Metro would send Surfer a $400 credit to make up the for bath he had to take with the severe overgrading 7.0 to 8.888+++ F/VF to VF/NM- is quite a jump when put in real letter terms. It would be nice to see them make an effort on this one. Then I could post the Kudos to Metro gremlin. yay.gif

Anyway....just kinda screwy.gif to see a big company like metro putting the shaft to a collector over a few hundred bucks.

You should have seen the Marvel Mystery 47(?) I bought from them a few months ago. I called up asking for a brief description (there was a scan on the website) and they told me there was a stain on the inside front cover, but that was it. Turns out the "stain" was horribly amateur color touch that bled all over the interior, and on top of that it looked like the cover was glued to the interior.

It was an embarassment to have to call them and ask for a refund as the restoration was so obvious that they must have simply hoped the buyer was some newbie that wouldn't catch it. I requested they pay the return shipping as well since it was such an egregious oversight on their part, and they agreed.

If I ever order from them again, I will specifically ask Vinnie to look at the book...what a waste of my time!! mad.gif

- PM'd Metro to just ask about their feedback on the grade as their was some rat chew noticed on the book, no repsonse at all.

same here with FF 4 i've bought them as 4.8 (border line 5.0 as they told me) , i received it with tape pull on BC frustrated.gif

i send them a mail with scan some times ago asking them for their POV...... no answer....

i've bought a lot of books to metro but will never buy anymore them in the future, when you sell something to anybody , if you're wrong you MUST do anything to satisfy him , i'm mad.gif then no more Mr metro 893naughty-thumb.gif

This opens up a HUGE can of worms.... why do they sell so much high grade Golden Age thats not slabbed?? Easy answer at this point.... This may have been legal but its unethical. I have used them for all my CGC submissions to date but no longer.
I was thinking the same thing,way too much unslabbed GA......... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Just to summarize the history on this book:

- Bought raw for $1,000, listed as an 8.88888+++.

- Had it graded, came back as a CGC 7.0.

- Was sick of the whole transaction so I decided to list it on EBay with a best offer option.

- Received a $600 bid and because I wanted to purge muself of this book accepted it. Didn't relaize until I sent the invoice that the buyer was actually Metro.

- Few weeks late the book appears to be back on the website, cracked out of the slabb and now listed as an 8.0 and for $800.

Has this thread flown under the radar or what! I keep waiting for a firestorm. Yet nothing.

The circumstance is bizzarre to say the least

Has Metro seen this thread, coff coff.. and do they care?

It looks BAD.. VERY BAD.

Aside from chumping a boardie( if as he says is true, and other then admitting to being chumped.. why would he lie) It should be a slap in the face to anyone who has read this thread. Perhaps more people should read this thread. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If things are as they appear, well.. it just looks , just plain BAD. If there are two sides to every story, then THIS would be a prime example of a CGC Board moderation committee to hear both sides case, and meet out justice accordingly.

Ze-