• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Central Valley Collection

82 posts in this topic

BH, the Adventure 50 was a CGC 5.0 because the spine is split up to the bottom staple. Otherwise, as fresh and white a book I've never seen!

Scott, I just contacted Brian direct at: brian@a-1comics.com.

Wish I knew where the Batman 2 and Detective 45 went...I wanted those books!!! (now so, more than ever).

STEVE

Thanks Steve. I wonder if the spine splits on several of these books resulted because they were stored in large stacks? That would explain the splitting and also the blinding white pages. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thanks Steve. I wonder if the spine splits on several of these books resulted because they were stored in large stacks? That would explain the splitting and also the blinding white pages. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I do believe you're correct, Scott. The Adventure 50 would have been a bottom of the stack book. The Jungle 3 (CGC 8.5), which I also got, is simply beautiful and though it also has superb white pages, they're not blinding like the Adventure 50.

I am really jazzed about these books, and the following posts will further exhibit why.... grin.gif

STEVE

Not the best of pictures while still in their tombs, but I'm holding onto them until a Monday meeting with a friend and then I'll crack (the 7.5's really look undergraded - they're just beautiful!) and vault them.

100_1342.jpg

100_1341.jpg

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

STEVE

Not the best of pictures while still in their tombs, but I'm holding onto them until a Monday meeting with a friend and then I'll crack (the 7.5's really look undergraded - they're just beautiful!) and vault them.

[ yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

STEVE

WOW, just plan incredible Steve!

How come there is Superman 4-16, but no #14?

Probably because you're looking for a Superman 14? The odds of any one book being missing from a big comic find are directly proportional to how much you want/need it for your collection.

No - Brian released the entire list (no books held back).

STEVE

Steve;

Any reason why the list cannot be found on Brian's own A1-Comics website? There is not even a mention of this pedigree on his website.

The only place where I can find a listing with the prices and the books that have sold is on Matt Nelson's Comicpedigree website. Would you know exactly what the relationship is between this pedigree and Matt Nelson? I've asked this question before, but still have not gotten an answer back.

My spidey sense starts to tingle and I start to see red flags whenever Matt is connected to books that are being sold. Similar to how I used to feel when another high profile dealer marketed his sharp clean looking books a few years ago.

If not for this dubious connection, I most likely would have given very serious consideration to picking up a couple of the Central Valley books by now.

Lou,

As far as I know, Matt's connection with the upcoming pedigree book - and his willingness to profile the collection online - is all there is.

I understand completely what you are saying, but I feel very confident articulating that these books are completely raw and in their natural state (i.e., no monkey business).

I can't recommend the Central Valley books highly enough (and believe me, I have put my money were my mouth is!).

STEVE

No - Brian released the entire list (no books held back).

STEVE

Steve;

Any reason why the list cannot be found on Brian's own A1-Comics website? There is not even a mention of this pedigree on his website.

The only place where I can find a listing with the prices and the books that have sold is on Matt Nelson's Comicpedigree website. Would you know exactly what the relationship is between this pedigree and Matt Nelson? I've asked this question before, but still have not gotten an answer back.

My spidey sense starts to tingle and I start to see red flags whenever Matt is connected to books that are being sold. Similar to how I used to feel when another high profile dealer marketed his sharp clean looking books a few years ago.

If not for this dubious connection, I most likely would have given very serious consideration to picking up a couple of the Central Valley books by now.

Lou, there was a thread in the General Forum where several people made allegations about the Central Valley books due to them being listed on the Comicpedigree site. Matt Nelson came on and directly refuted those allegations.

Now, why Brian doesn't also list the books directly on his own website is a good question.

Steve & Tim;

Thanks for the info here. thumbsup2.gif

Maybe I will take a closer look at the Central Valley books. Unfortunately, the one that I wanted, the Archie #25 is already long gone. Any idea what kind of price they was asking for this book? Seems to be quite a large bunch with prices still listed as TBA.

Guess I just have to spend more time in the General Forums to keep up on all the juicy gossip. insane.gif

Steve & Tim;

Thanks for the info here. thumbsup2.gif

Maybe I will take a closer look at the Central Valley books. Unfortunately, the one that I wanted, the Archie #25 is already long gone. Any idea what kind of price they was asking for this book? Seems to be quite a large bunch with prices still listed as TBA.

Guess I just have to spend more time in the General Forums to keep up on all the juicy gossip. insane.gif

The 26 is listed on CLINK.

Archie 26

Unfortunately, the one that I wanted, the Archie #25 is already long gone. Any idea what kind of price they was asking for this book?

I don't have the list in front of me, but I believe the two Archie books sold for $500 each.

STEVE

The list shows the Archie #25 at 9.0 w/ White pages asking price $550 the #26 was 8.5 and the same price.

Lou,

I understand completely what you are saying, but I feel very confident articulating that these books are completely raw and in their natural state (i.e., no monkey business).

I can't recommend the Central Valley books highly enough (and believe me, I have put my money were my mouth is!).

STEVE

I agree with Steve. Don't think there's any "enhancement" associated with these books. I've seen a couple of them and they are absolutely prisitine. The books that are graded close to NM or NM are priced as such and will take a bit longer to sell. The others, mid grade with bone white pages, were priced (IMHO) reasonably. That is, if there are any left. But I would absolutely not let the Matt Nelson association stop me from buying a Central Valley. cloud9.gif

Dennis