• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have you ever been published in a comic?? I have..... and

17 posts in this topic

The story goes like this. I was 13 years old, loved the Spirit by Will Eisner and all Tracy related comics. Blackthorne Publishing reprinted all the newspaper comics (so I thought) at the time. One July day I decided to write the team that was publishing the Tracy Monthly and here are the results....

The book itself...

DickTracy.jpg

My written letter published on the final page ( which I had no idea until I finished reading the book and saw )

Letter.jpg

The post card that arrived before the issue was published and I thought was done at that...

postcard.jpg

It's for moments like this and the memories of collecting with my father that I keep going in this hobby and remember that $$$'s are $$$'s but the intrinsic value of the memories from these wonderful pieces of art keep my love strong and untainted no matter what is thrown at us as collectors.

Thanks for listening/reading my story.. now anyone else have something in a book.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...rue#Post1158745

Thanks to B (Chris) for posting this btw.

Ah what the hell here is the letter:

From USM 91. I been trying to get another e-mail to them, but I keep getting a error that the e-mail addy dosen't exists. yeahok.gif

1stofficialfanboy.jpg

yay.gif

That'a boy Jacob~ nicely done!! It's kind of a neat feeling knowing your name will forever be inscribed in a comic book... plus the memories flood back when you see it again!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif
Yeah it is. A forumite offered to get a copy signed for me by Bendis. Now that was a real Plus.

And yes, basically my name is part of history now too. When you think about it.

headbang.gif

Great stuff! I've been 'published' twice in the letters page of comics, once in marvel Two-In-One and once in Capt America. I was probably 14 at the time, and the letters were full of fanboy praise. Just embarassing now but what a rush seeing your name in the comics! cloud9.gifyay.gif

Well... would'ya look at all the folks that have had their "15 minutes of fame". I think it's a great testiment to the innocent childhood days of collecting.

Hey if anyone has a copy of that Tracy they'd like me to sign, I'm sure CGC will include it in a signature series slab 27_laughing.gif