• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WOW! CGC 9.4s CAN have chips and pre-chips!!

4 posts in this topic

Pre-chips across the entire top, chips and prechips along 1/2 of the right edge, and let's not breathe too hard on the top right hand corner.

Very nice book BESIDES the chips and prechips (dangling participles), but 9.4????893whatthe.gif

OK, let's review. You can have drastically miscut books come back 9.8. Others with chips AND prechips returned 9.4. Could you imagine if this #9 were drastically miscut as well?? It probably would have been rewarded with a 10.0!!

NO reflection whatsoever on the seller. Everybody could use a break sometime. The calls usually even out in time. Just though it curious that 9.4 guidelines allow for as as much chipping and prechipping as on this particular #9.

web page

At least bob was brave enough to supply a large, clear pic of the ASM.

I've seen much worse attrocities slabbed by Cgc. e.g. ASM #1 with over 4 inches of heavy Marvel chipping on the right edge Cgc 8.0. The spine was NOT flawless either. makepoint.gif

Definitely A-right Odin!! To Bob's credit, a LARGE, non-deceptive scan showing the flaws that contradict the labeled grade. Believe me, I've "won" my share of 9.4s that were equally contradictory with book in hand due to the seller posting a miniature, fuzzy scan of a book graded WAY off target. With the traditional no-return policy on CGC books, all you can do is grit your gold, diamond encrusted teeth (like I'm trying to do in my Avatar, but I can't seem to fit all of my teeth in my mouth to grit all at the same time!).