• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON DINNER

PREFERRED NIGHT FOR DINNER FOR SAN DIEGO COMIC CON  

36 members have voted

1. 1. PREFERRED NIGHT FOR DINNER FOR SAN DIEGO COMIC CON

45 posts in this topic

Howdy everyone - I've been suckered....err asked to set up a dinner party for the San Diego Comic Convention weekend. First off, please respond to this post if you plan on attending. And secondly, answer this poll regarding the night you'd rather attend. Thanks!

Saturday night for me... I won't even be in town until that morning, which is part of why you got stuck with this detail... smile.gif

As I told Steve, I'll be happy to help you out with this until the 9th, then I am on the road until the Con...

Here is the Heritage Auction schedule for those 2 days:

SESSION V - Friday, July 18, 7:00 pm

Memorabilia (GI Joe) & Stan Lee Pinball machine 100

Stan Lee File Copies 117

Marvel Bronze 114

Total 331

SESSION VI - Saturday, July 19, 2:00 pm (separate catalog)

FAI 466

SESSION VII - Saturday, July 19, 7:00 pm

Marvel Silver 456

Howdy everyone - I've been suckered....err asked to set up a dinner party for the San Diego Comic Convention weekend. First off, please respond to this post if you plan on attending. And secondly, answer this poll regarding the night you'd rather attend. Thanks!

PREFERRED NIGHT FOR DINNER FOR SAN DIEGO COMIC CONFriday nightSaturday night

Saturday! Screw the Marvel silver! It's nothing we haven't seen before! sumo.gif

Marvel Hater! 893naughty-thumb.gif

Yawn...just look at the catalog! Unless you intend to win a book, it doesn't really matter! grin.gif

I'm assuming S.D. is better than the Chicago Con..however, how much better is the question I'd like to know..b/c if it blows the Chicago con out of the water (for back issue material, I don't care about any of that other junk) I might have to change plans and go to San Diego instead of Chicago..Anyone been to both?

Brian

I'm assuming S.D. is better than the Chicago Con..however, how much better is the question I'd like to know..b/c if it blows the Chicago con out of the water (for back issue material, I don't care about any of that other junk) I might have to change plans and go to San Diego instead of Chicago..Anyone been to both?

Brian

Well...Donut says Chicago is really good for comics. I don't know if he's been to San Diego. Anyways, you've voiced your displeasure regarding non-comic related junk so San Diego may not be for you! frown.gif

Yup, with my luck, JP will most probably end up buying the entire inventory 893whatthe.gif

Yeah...I'm sure he'll win the big books. I'm sure that it'll would be interesting watching the bidding but there are other days to watch the bidding. Too bad the DC Silver is on Tuesday! confused.gif

Alright, that's EXACTLY what I wanted to know. I can't stand all the other junk, don't care who's there signing autographs, and really don't want to look at Pokemon or other non-related junk. Will be sticking with Chicago. Thanks

Brian