• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: Comics with Hockey Covers

37 posts in this topic

With Paratroopers ongoing attempt at his subset....I thought I'd ask for PM's and help with mine. I haven't even gone through the Gerber to list them all, but I've always been on the lookout for hockey covers and I buy them up. I'll see about posting a list in the future.

Looking mainly for pre-1975 books, unless there is an incredible modern that I'm totally unaware of . I probabaly have all the Marvel ones already without even looking. So Golden age through 1975 is the starting point. I really don't think there are that many out there. True Sports, Boy, and miscellaneous esoterics are where most of them are to my knowledge.

Anyone have some, please PM me with conditions and price. I'm shooting for VG or better, but a decent good will do in a pinch.

I have a bunch already, but I'll know if I don't have it by the title and cover.

Trying to avoid tape or brittleness.

Thanks

Shiverbones and Sterling and others would immediately know which DC horror title it was that had skeleton hockey players. That one immediately comes to mind and is probably one you'd like even if it was late 70s. I wonder if that's the only horror themed hockey cover ever?

Btw, I collect (very mildly) tennis covers. Not necessarily looking to buy any at this point as I'm concentrating on other things. There are A LOT of tennis covers from the GA and on Archies up through present day.

Marc

This one is one of my favorite tennis covers.

1401742-laugh24.jpg

I'm pretty sure there are some hockey covers on Archies, too. I will look. Here's a LINK to an interior hockey page from Little Archie #6.

Thanks for the link...I sent Steve B. an email about it....maybe some day I'll hang it on my wall.

confused-smiley-013.gifthumbsup2.gif

What do interior little archie pages go for these days....PM me if you have any insight.

Thanks

A bunch of Walt Disney comics & stories have hockey covers and certainly a bunch of ice rink covers but maybe not with hockey sticks in the background

WDCS113

and here's a Fantastic Four 163 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

This may stop you before you even get started.

FF163

Well, I looked through the cover Galleries on Whiz Comics and Captain Marvel Adventures....There are no Hockey Covers on the American Published books. I haven't any of the Canadian, English or Australian published covers to help you. I will look over Master, Captain Marvel Jr., Wow and Mary Marvel here this evening to see if there are any.

Thanks for the link...I sent Steve B. an email about it....maybe some day I'll hang it on my wall.

What do interior little archie pages go for these days....PM me if you have any insight.

Thanks

That's me grin.gif I bought it about a year ago for around $100. I thought that was a pretty good deal for a self contained 1950's Archie page.

Thanks

That's me grin.gif I bought it about a year ago for around $100. I thought that was a pretty good deal for a self contained 1950's Archie page.

So you're just teasing me..... 893whatthe.gif

Here's the House of Secrets 114 Marc brought up. The perfect Hockey cover. Very pricey in high grade but low grade isnt too bad.

HOS114

Love that cover..i need to see which ones I already have and get the list going. You guys are getting me all jazzed for the challenge. thumbsup2.gif

A bunch of Walt Disney comics & stories have hockey covers and certainly a bunch of ice rink covers but maybe not with hockey sticks in the background

WDCS113

and here's a Fantastic Four 163 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

This may stop you before you even get started.

FF163

Got that one 27_laughing.gif