• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OK, Add me to the List "Chuck is Insane"

13 posts in this topic

While I have admired Chuck's incredible work ethic. This part of the most recent newsletter is just too much.

That's it for today's news. I now need to go over to a popular local barbecue restaurant, and clean out their oven. You see, wood ashes are a great source of potash, which is the element in the soil that helps plants to put on growth. I need to amend our soil on our organic farm with potash, so I will be cleaning out the ashes from this oven every week all Winter. It's a dirty job, but if it helps us avoid using chemicals to grow our produce, Our veggie customers think that is well worth the effort...

The man is over 50 and runs a multi million $ company with a like 2 dozen employees, seemingly singlely handedly runs an organic farm with many acres and many different crops, has a non comics hobby where he likely has one of the most outstanding collections in the world as well as i am sure an excellant accidental comics collection. He is also constantly doing major home/office/farm improvements. He is going to spend his time cleaning an oven to recycle potash to improve the farm confused.gif

As a staunch environmentalist, and being very frugal myself, I may understand his motivations, but couldn't he just find a way to pay someone $10-20 to do that? I can't believe that with everything he owns his personal net worth is not well into 7 figures. Even for a workaholic maniac this just struck me as beyond the pale.

well, you've gone and done it now. i'm guessing you can just FORGET about being able to buy anything from him here on out now.

i think he saves all his money on stuff like this in order to pay someone to come up with a new CODEWORD every month